New Jersey man stole woman's car on first date: police
More from National
- Lily Groesbeck, 18 months old, survived hanging upside down in a submerged car for 12 hours
- Michigan woman Yvette Cormier has gym membership cancelled after complaining about transgender woman in changing room
- New Jersey man stole woman's car on first date: police
- Baby found starved to death two weeks after mom Sara Kessler 'took overdose'
- Police officer shoots, kills black teen Anthony Robinson in Wisconsin
For a date with a complete stranger, this one looked like it was going pretty well.
But a New Jersey woman is now counting the cost after going home with a man she had met online.
Whatever her intentions were when she invited her match back, she had a nasty surprise when he stole her jewellery and her car.
According to news network WABC-TV, the suspect, who identified himself as Gennaro ‘Gooch’ Aladena, met the victim on dating site OkCupid.
Ominously the site, which takes answers to questions and shows how much of a ‘friend’ and how much of an ‘enemy’ you are with a potential match, rated ‘Gooch’ as 15 per cent enemy.
Given that he made off with her 2007 Toyota Solara, which boasts a personalised numberplate, maybe that rating should have been a little higher.
Reports say the thief is bald, around 5ft 9ins and also goes by the name Mike Rossman.