Watch: People are hurled into the air as waterspout rips into beach
A waterspout ripped into a beach in Penambuco, Brazil, picking people up from the ground and throwing them into the air.
The waterspout was described as a ‘tornado at sea’, by locals, and was filmed moving from the sea to the land, where hurled chairs and umbrellas around.
Talitha Sampaio, said, ‘I was in Jaboatao, looking toward Recife, and there was a dark cloud. Suddenly, the clouds cleared and came here… and looked like a whirlwind into the sea from the sky.’
Local Vanessa Quechua said, ‘It picked up chairs, umbrellas… even a small child was thrown by the strong wind. Many people came running and screaming for help.’
WHAT'S TRENDING NOW
- Olympic sailor, 30, is missing off Miami after his empty boat was found adrift
- Fears for girl, 14, who went on the run with child molester five days ago and has been spotted in three different states
- Identities of eight Holland America cruise ship passengers and pilot killed when the sightseeing plane they were traveling in crashed into Alaska cliff face revealed
- Lorna Carty who was killed in Tunisian attack had taken husband on holiday
- Drunk tractor driver decapitates three people in head-on crash
- Philadelphia transit guard grabs man holding toddler by throat over $2.25 fare
- Sunny Kim's boyfriend 'murdered her in Korea' then impersonated her on social media
- Brooklyn teens film themselves repeatedly slapping Uber driver in the head
- British tycoon sleeps in Hitler's bed and has £100million Nazi memorabilia collection including Panzer tanks and V2 rockets
- Burning Man pushes back on upgraded amenities for officials
- Supporters speak after Supreme Court gay marriage ruling
- Dawn Shaw who has just half a jaw says she refuses to be defined by her face
- Chinese student pleads guilty to having sex in public after seeing video of herself online
- Writer who stands 6'10" pretends to be selected in NBA Draft and films his night of free shots, excited fans and gaggles of interested women
- No windows or walls, and barely enough room to lie down: Remarkable pictures reveal the cramped conditions inside Tokyo's infamous 'shoebox' hotels
- Vancouver riots kiss couple are still an item and live together in Australia
- The Watcher: Chilling letters demanding 'young blood' of family who bought $1.3million New Jersey dream home 'were sent from town 12 miles away'
- Newly engaged beauty blogger, 24, is named as first British victim of Tunisian beach massacre as authorities confirm at least eight of dead are from UK
- Shamed pilots sacked after letting busty model into the cockpit for selfies and to 'fly the plane'
- TEXT-President Obama's eulogy at South Carolina funeral
- Clingfilm and the best ways to avoid getting tied up in food wrap
- Shift your feet, arch the eyebrows and strike a power pose: The simple body language tricks to help you get ahead at work
- Jeremy Ringquist charged with murder after Oregon police find parents bodies
- Ben Affleck and Matt Damon 'in talks' to produce FIFA scandal movie
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's hospice is a place of 'Christian love and care'
- Sightseeing plane carrying nine people crashes on cliff face by Alaskan fjords
- Phyllis Sortor in Nigeria becomes first American hostage to be saved by FBI
- Tourists caught in French cab strike reveal how travellers are stopped and attacked
- Barack Obama gives speech 'oppression and racial subjugation'
- Colorado Springs reacts to same-sex ruling
WHAT'S TRENDING NOW
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|