Paul Walker's younger brother Cody starts to clear up late actor's belongings
- Cody Walker spent Wednesday clearing up his late brother's possessions at his home in Santa Barbara, California
- At point one a neighbor stopped to offer the distraught 25-year-old a hug and her condolences
- An autopsy on Wednesday determined that Paul Walker died from the 'combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries'
- One of the last times that the brothers enjoyed a family occasion together was at the wedding of other brother, Caleb, in October
- Universal Pictures has shut down production of Fast & Furious 7 for an unspecified time following the actor's death on Saturday
By Sara Nathan and David Mccormack
PUBLISHED: 10:46 EST, 5 December 2013 | UPDATED: 10:54 EST, 5 December 2013
As Paul Walker’s family continue
coming to terms with their tragic loss, it was left to younger brother
Cody to start the heart-breaking task of clearing up the late actor’s
grief-stricken Cody Walker, 25, visited his late brother's home in Santa
Barbara, California, on Wednesday afternoon and later could be seen
packing boxes of the Fast & Furious star’s possessions into the back of a car.
As Cody packed the trunk with items including clothes, a surf board, a rifle and several boxes, a concerned neighbor stopped to give him a hug and pass on her condolences.
Scroll down for video
An emotional Cody Walker visited his late
brother's house in Santa Barbara, California on Wednesday to begin the
difficult task of clearing the actor's belongings
Paul Walker's younger brother Cody takes a moment to contemplate as he spent several hours on Wednesday removing items from the Fast & Furious star's Santa Barbara home
The gates to the actor's home has become something of a shrine in recent days as fans wishing to pay their respects have left countless bouquets of flowers and candles.
Paul Walker tragically died in a car crash on Nov. 30, when the Porsche that his friend Roger Rodas was driving smashed into a light pole and tree.
According to an autopsy released on Wednesday, Walker was killed by injuries from both the impact and the subsequent fire.
The actor died from the ‘combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries,’ according to the autopsy released by the Los Angeles County coroner's office.
A Santa Barbara neighbor of Paul Walker stops to give brother Cody a hug and offer her condolences
Cody Walker filled his vehicle with a number of his late brother's personal belongings including clothes, a surf board, a gun and various boxes
The 2005 Porsche Carrera GT was
driven by Rodas, who was dead from ‘multiple traumatic injuries’
before the car exploded in flames, the autopsy said.
Results of toxicology testing will take another six to eight weeks.
Walker starred in all but one of the six Fast & Furious blockbuster films that glorified fast cars and dangerous driving.
Sheriff's investigators are still trying to determine what caused Rodas to career out of control on Saturday. They have said speed was a factor in the crash about 30 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles.
The limited-edition Porsche was previously owned by IndyCar driver Graham Rahal, who has said it was difficult to drive. It is not just fast - it can hit 100 mph in less than 7 seconds - but also unforgiving in its handling.
The gates to Paul Walker's home has become something of a shrine in recent days as fans wishing to pay their respects have left countless bouquets of flowers and candles
As Paul Walker's family try to come to terms with their tragic loss, younger brother Cody spent Wednesday focused on clearing up the late actor's personal possessions
Paul Walker's brother Cody, 25, spent Wednesday clearing up his late brother's belongings, on the same day that an autopsy revealed that the actor had died from the 'combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries'
Little more than a month before the
actor's tragic death on Saturday, the Walker family had celebrated a family
wedding as another brother, Caleb, 36, had married his fiancée Stephanie
Paul was best man on the big day and Cody a groomsman in the now poignant photos that show
the brothers laughing and smiling together for what would be one of the last ever times.
The stunning album of pictures give a glimpse of the close-knit family who are now grieving following the actor's death.
With a smile on his face and a cheeky
glint in his eye, the Fast & Furious star can be seen toasting his brother Caleb on his special day.
Paul is also seen posing with his fellow groomsmen at the wedding held on October 23 at Dove Canyon Country Club in Orange County, California.
Smiles: Beaming, the Walker brothers, from left, Cody, Caleb and Paul, pose in the fall sunshine at Caleb's October wedding
Brothers in arms: Paul Walker joins his brothers and fellow groomsmen at Caleb Walker's wedding on October 23 - little more than a month before his fiery death in a car crash
In another shot, he cracks up laughing as Cody makes a joke while the brothers give a speech to the happy couple. And he stands by a bridesmaid, in a pretty lilac dress, as he joins the newlyweds alongside their wedding party.
The Walker clan are said to be extremely close and earlier this week, Paul's sister Ashlie Walker told MailOnline the family are trying to cope by using their Mormon faith.
Furious Ashlie, 37, also hit out at reports her brother and his good friend Roger Rodas - who was at the wheel of a Porsche when they crashed in Los Angeles on Saturday - were drag racing at the time of their death.
Breaking her silence, Miss Walker said: 'They were absolutely not racing, that's a complete lie. It hurts us when we hear these lies and it makes our grief worse and more painful.
are irresponsible allegations and people are trying to make out speed
and racing was the reason for his death when it was just a terrible
Brotherly love: Paul Walker and his youngest brother Cody, 25, give a toast at their brother Caleb's wedding to Stephanie Branch
Best Man: Paul Walker gives a toast to the newlyweds at the Dove Canyon Country Club in Orange County, California, on October 23
A close family member said Paul would be the 'biggest angel in heaven', adding: ‘Paul was a wonderful man and the best person you could ever meet. We are all totally distraught and beside ourselves with grief.
‘We can gain hope from this tragic accident through our strong Christian background and faith. We are grateful to be surrounded by such loving friends and family that have been praying for us and will be forever by our sides.
'We seek comfort in their love and our faith. We definitely believe that Paul has gone to a better place and is now with our heavenly father.
'We have a strong Mormon faith and although Paul wasn’t practicing at the time, he always had a very strong Christian faith.'
Tears: Just a month after her wedding, Paul Walker's new sister-in-law Stephanie hugs his father Paul Walker Snr outside the family home on Monday as younger brother Cody Walker looks on following the star's death
Meanwhile, Universal Pictures announced that it has shut down production for an unspecified time on the seventh installment of the Fast & Furious franchise.
The studio announced Wednesday that
the film will shut down 'for a period of time so we can assess all
options available to move forward with the franchise.'
The seventh installment of the street car racing series had begun shooting in September. While much of Fast & Furious 7 has been filmed, it's far from complete.
When Walker died in a fiery car crash Saturday north of Los Angeles, the film was on break for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Shooting had been planned to resume Monday in Atlanta, but production was put on hold following Walker's death.
Final picture: Paul Walker stands next to the Porsche Carrera GY that he was killed in when it crashed and burst into flames in LA on Saturday
Mangled: Firefighters stand by the wreckage of the crash in which Paul Walker and his friend Roger Rodas died in Valencia, California, on Saturday
Universal had been trying to
fast-track Fast & Furious 7 for a July 11 release, a date that's
likely to be postponed. Universal hasn't yet announced any release date
'Right now, all of us at Universal
are dedicated to providing support to Paul's immediate family and our
extended Fast & Furious family of cast, crew and filmmakers,' the
studio said in a statement.
Walker starred in all but one
installment of the 'Fast & Furious' franchise, which has been
particularly lucrative for Universal. Fast & Furious 6, released in
May, was the highest grossing film in the series, earning more than $788
Universal announced on Tuesday that
it will donate a portion of the proceeds from the upcoming DVD, Blu-ray
and digital release of Fast & Furious 6 to Walker's charity Reach
Walker, 40, founded Reach Out Worldwide in 2010 to give first-response aid to victims of natural disasters. Walker was hosting a fundraiser for the nonprofit on Saturday afternoon before the crash.
Memorial: Fans stand by the scene of the crash in which Paul Walker lost his life. Police are still investigating the tragedy - but have ruled out a theory the star and his friend were drag racing
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Colorado NewsGet the latest Colorado news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Colorado Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
‘Virtual autopsy’ composed of more than 2,000 computer scans carried outGenetic analysis of Tutankhamun’s family showed his parents were brother and sisterFamily history could also ...
- Body of California man found 'after suffering heart attack and being EATEN by bear'
- Ohio girl who cut off her hair to give to cancer patients has to be taken out of school after being bullied and told she's ugly
- Husband who joked about his ex-wife contracting Ebola in West Africa is thrown in JAIL
- Is this the most aggressive haka in rugby history? Players have to be separated by officials at Australia vs New Zealand junior league game
- State senator arrested TWICE in the same weekend for 'stalking' a frightened neighbor and TPing her house... just a month after he was caught drinking in public while sitting uninvited in other people's yards
- Woman, 21, stabbed to death by 22-year-old girlfriend in parking lot after they got into argument while driving home in Utah at 1am
- 'Glee' star Matthew Morrison weds in Hawaii
- Chicago police officer pulled out of his car at 5.45am by cop colleagues and charged with drunk driving down the freeway in the WRONG DIRECTION
- Man, 33, 'leaps to his death from a Manhattan high rise after arguing with his two male lovers'
- Parents' dilemma after adopted son, 12, molests their SIX other children after 'state failed to reveal his troubled past'...but the fiercely devoted couple refuse to give up on the boy
- Hilarious moment thieves steal portable toilet by pushing it with their car
- In the clear: First 48 people exposed to Ebola 'patient zero' - including his fiancée and her children - emerge from quarantine after being declared disease free following 21-day incubation period
- Afghan villager whose rescue of US Navy SEAL was fictionalized in Mark Wahlberg movie Lone Survivor is marked for death by Taliban
- Former US Navy shipmates reunite after 40 YEARS of searching
- Firefighters remove bricks and use dish soap as lubricant to remove a woman allegedly trying to burglarize a California home and got stuck in the chimney
- Vile image of baby girl being 'beheaded' found by Kurds on phone taken from dead ISIS fanatics in Kobane
- Drunk-driving dentist arrested for 'performing a procedure on a patient while he was drunk' and refusing to stop when authorities approached him
- Hannah Graham 'body' buried in a dried up creek bed in the woods prime suspect used to call home: Accused killer Jesse Matthews grew up just miles from where remains were found
- The Taliban boy aged just THREE being trained for war who says he's 'going to shoot people'
- Father who killed himself and two children in horrific murder-suicide wrote journals claiming his WIFE was a 'violent alcoholic' who 'abused' their kids
- Ebola: Statement stricken Amber Vinson, who was 'in no way careless' for going to Ohio while sick - as 153 people in Ohio put under monitoring over contact with her
- Immigrant caught trying to sneak across the border in a WASHING MACHINE
- Al Sharpton is returning to Ferguson to draw national attention to the death of Michael Brown
- New Hampshire pumpkin festival turns into a riot as police tear gas the unruly crowd
- Legendary retired football coach killed in car crash outside a football game his son was coaching 'after wife lost control of their car'
- 'She was my angel': Mother's anguish as her 6-year-old daughter is killed in drive-by shooting at 7-Eleven parking lot while opening a pack of bubble gum
- Woman goes a week without apologizing and finds it's hardest at work
- New York toddler is 'beaten to death by her mother's boyfriend after she accidentally soiled herself'... as a neighbor claims she 'reported weeks' worth of fights between the couple but got no response'
- Soccer mad teenager gives up a prize of $10,000 to meet her idol, Brazilian soccer star Neymar da Silva Santos
- ISIS fighters taking heavy losses in battle for Kobane
- Model helps police set up sting operation on celebrity nude photo hacker who told her to pay $900 or have her naked body exposed to the world
- Yeonmi Park opens up in harrowing speech about North Korea's brutal regime
- Picture captures moment US bomb lands in heart of Kobani
- Maine man 'killed his mother-in-law in front of his six-year-old daughter'
- Top-secret X-37B space drone lands on California coast after 2 year orbit
- Transgender teen first in the state of Georgia to be elected to high school's homecoming court
- Lifelong Giants fan who caught home run ball that sent San Francisco to the World Series gives it to hitter Travis Ishikawa
- The real Lives of Others: German tourists relive the Communist East by spending a night in a Stasi bunker - with 'basic training' and authentic military rations (but they escape to a sauna at the end)
- 'Disgusted' student volunteers clean up after classmates trash college campus in violent riots at pumpkin carving festival that were broken up by tear-gas wielding police
- Boxer vows to fight on – after 51st defeat in row
- Spoiled teen takes parents to court
- Pregnant woman drives kids into ocean in Florida
- Knee injury to sideline Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan 6-8 weeks
- I shot Michael Brown dead because I feared for my life after he tried to grab my gun, says cop who shot unarmed black teen six times
- Five people at fraternity near UC Berkeley campus given date-rape drugs
- Channing Tatum talks about his voice role in animated film 'The Book of Life'
- Ebola scare on cruise ship carrying health worker who handled samples returning to Texas
- Heartless vandal defaces 9/11 memorial dedicated to hero cops