Paul Walker's younger brother Cody starts to clear up late actor's belongings
- Cody Walker spent Wednesday clearing up his late brother's possessions at his home in Santa Barbara, California
- At point one a neighbor stopped to offer the distraught 25-year-old a hug and her condolences
- An autopsy on Wednesday determined that Paul Walker died from the 'combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries'
- One of the last times that the brothers enjoyed a family occasion together was at the wedding of other brother, Caleb, in October
- Universal Pictures has shut down production of Fast & Furious 7 for an unspecified time following the actor's death on Saturday
By Sara Nathan and David Mccormack
PUBLISHED: 10:46 EST, 5 December 2013 | UPDATED: 10:54 EST, 5 December 2013
As Paul Walker’s family continue
coming to terms with their tragic loss, it was left to younger brother
Cody to start the heart-breaking task of clearing up the late actor’s
grief-stricken Cody Walker, 25, visited his late brother's home in Santa
Barbara, California, on Wednesday afternoon and later could be seen
packing boxes of the Fast & Furious star’s possessions into the back of a car.
As Cody packed the trunk with items including clothes, a surf board, a rifle and several boxes, a concerned neighbor stopped to give him a hug and pass on her condolences.
Scroll down for video
An emotional Cody Walker visited his late
brother's house in Santa Barbara, California on Wednesday to begin the
difficult task of clearing the actor's belongings
Paul Walker's younger brother Cody takes a moment to contemplate as he spent several hours on Wednesday removing items from the Fast & Furious star's Santa Barbara home
The gates to the actor's home has become something of a shrine in recent days as fans wishing to pay their respects have left countless bouquets of flowers and candles.
Paul Walker tragically died in a car crash on Nov. 30, when the Porsche that his friend Roger Rodas was driving smashed into a light pole and tree.
According to an autopsy released on Wednesday, Walker was killed by injuries from both the impact and the subsequent fire.
The actor died from the ‘combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries,’ according to the autopsy released by the Los Angeles County coroner's office.
A Santa Barbara neighbor of Paul Walker stops to give brother Cody a hug and offer her condolences
Cody Walker filled his vehicle with a number of his late brother's personal belongings including clothes, a surf board, a gun and various boxes
The 2005 Porsche Carrera GT was
driven by Rodas, who was dead from ‘multiple traumatic injuries’
before the car exploded in flames, the autopsy said.
Results of toxicology testing will take another six to eight weeks.
Walker starred in all but one of the six Fast & Furious blockbuster films that glorified fast cars and dangerous driving.
Sheriff's investigators are still trying to determine what caused Rodas to career out of control on Saturday. They have said speed was a factor in the crash about 30 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles.
The limited-edition Porsche was previously owned by IndyCar driver Graham Rahal, who has said it was difficult to drive. It is not just fast - it can hit 100 mph in less than 7 seconds - but also unforgiving in its handling.
The gates to Paul Walker's home has become something of a shrine in recent days as fans wishing to pay their respects have left countless bouquets of flowers and candles
As Paul Walker's family try to come to terms with their tragic loss, younger brother Cody spent Wednesday focused on clearing up the late actor's personal possessions
Paul Walker's brother Cody, 25, spent Wednesday clearing up his late brother's belongings, on the same day that an autopsy revealed that the actor had died from the 'combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries'
Little more than a month before the
actor's tragic death on Saturday, the Walker family had celebrated a family
wedding as another brother, Caleb, 36, had married his fiancée Stephanie
Paul was best man on the big day and Cody a groomsman in the now poignant photos that show
the brothers laughing and smiling together for what would be one of the last ever times.
The stunning album of pictures give a glimpse of the close-knit family who are now grieving following the actor's death.
With a smile on his face and a cheeky
glint in his eye, the Fast & Furious star can be seen toasting his brother Caleb on his special day.
Paul is also seen posing with his fellow groomsmen at the wedding held on October 23 at Dove Canyon Country Club in Orange County, California.
Smiles: Beaming, the Walker brothers, from left, Cody, Caleb and Paul, pose in the fall sunshine at Caleb's October wedding
Brothers in arms: Paul Walker joins his brothers and fellow groomsmen at Caleb Walker's wedding on October 23 - little more than a month before his fiery death in a car crash
In another shot, he cracks up laughing as Cody makes a joke while the brothers give a speech to the happy couple. And he stands by a bridesmaid, in a pretty lilac dress, as he joins the newlyweds alongside their wedding party.
The Walker clan are said to be extremely close and earlier this week, Paul's sister Ashlie Walker told MailOnline the family are trying to cope by using their Mormon faith.
Furious Ashlie, 37, also hit out at reports her brother and his good friend Roger Rodas - who was at the wheel of a Porsche when they crashed in Los Angeles on Saturday - were drag racing at the time of their death.
Breaking her silence, Miss Walker said: 'They were absolutely not racing, that's a complete lie. It hurts us when we hear these lies and it makes our grief worse and more painful.
are irresponsible allegations and people are trying to make out speed
and racing was the reason for his death when it was just a terrible
Brotherly love: Paul Walker and his youngest brother Cody, 25, give a toast at their brother Caleb's wedding to Stephanie Branch
Best Man: Paul Walker gives a toast to the newlyweds at the Dove Canyon Country Club in Orange County, California, on October 23
A close family member said Paul would be the 'biggest angel in heaven', adding: ‘Paul was a wonderful man and the best person you could ever meet. We are all totally distraught and beside ourselves with grief.
‘We can gain hope from this tragic accident through our strong Christian background and faith. We are grateful to be surrounded by such loving friends and family that have been praying for us and will be forever by our sides.
'We seek comfort in their love and our faith. We definitely believe that Paul has gone to a better place and is now with our heavenly father.
'We have a strong Mormon faith and although Paul wasn’t practicing at the time, he always had a very strong Christian faith.'
Tears: Just a month after her wedding, Paul Walker's new sister-in-law Stephanie hugs his father Paul Walker Snr outside the family home on Monday as younger brother Cody Walker looks on following the star's death
Meanwhile, Universal Pictures announced that it has shut down production for an unspecified time on the seventh installment of the Fast & Furious franchise.
The studio announced Wednesday that
the film will shut down 'for a period of time so we can assess all
options available to move forward with the franchise.'
The seventh installment of the street car racing series had begun shooting in September. While much of Fast & Furious 7 has been filmed, it's far from complete.
When Walker died in a fiery car crash Saturday north of Los Angeles, the film was on break for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Shooting had been planned to resume Monday in Atlanta, but production was put on hold following Walker's death.
Final picture: Paul Walker stands next to the Porsche Carrera GY that he was killed in when it crashed and burst into flames in LA on Saturday
Mangled: Firefighters stand by the wreckage of the crash in which Paul Walker and his friend Roger Rodas died in Valencia, California, on Saturday
Universal had been trying to
fast-track Fast & Furious 7 for a July 11 release, a date that's
likely to be postponed. Universal hasn't yet announced any release date
'Right now, all of us at Universal
are dedicated to providing support to Paul's immediate family and our
extended Fast & Furious family of cast, crew and filmmakers,' the
studio said in a statement.
Walker starred in all but one
installment of the 'Fast & Furious' franchise, which has been
particularly lucrative for Universal. Fast & Furious 6, released in
May, was the highest grossing film in the series, earning more than $788
Universal announced on Tuesday that
it will donate a portion of the proceeds from the upcoming DVD, Blu-ray
and digital release of Fast & Furious 6 to Walker's charity Reach
Walker, 40, founded Reach Out Worldwide in 2010 to give first-response aid to victims of natural disasters. Walker was hosting a fundraiser for the nonprofit on Saturday afternoon before the crash.
Memorial: Fans stand by the scene of the crash in which Paul Walker lost his life. Police are still investigating the tragedy - but have ruled out a theory the star and his friend were drag racing
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Colorado NewsGet the latest Colorado news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Colorado Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Kim Kardashian denied access to Vanity Fair party
- Russian troops threaten to shoot Ukrainian soldiers in tense stand-off
- Drunk tractor driver decapitates three people in head-on crash
- Boxer vows to fight on – after 51st defeat in row
- Forbes rich list names world’s youngest billionaires
- Spoiled teen takes parents to court
- Pregnant woman drives kids into ocean in Florida
- Oprah Winfrey tells Lindsay Lohan to ‘cut the bull****’ in trailer for new reality show Lindsay
- Denver Man Michael McGinley threatened to kill wife in phone call at DA’s office
- Couple stole little girl's iPod in Aurora
- Former director of Breckenridge Film Festival Dawna Foxx given 5 years for embezzling $300K
- Knee injury to sideline Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan 6-8 weeks
- Diana Ross presents Dick Clark Award for Excellence to Taylor Swift
- Get ready for a white Thanksgiving! Snow to hit New York City for the holidays threatening travel chaos
- Teacher with terminal brain cancer who traveled the nation to meet former students and ask if he made a difference to their lives passes away aged 41
- Woman fights for school district to help her son who suffers from seizures, 7, use his service dog in class
- 'SNL's Michael Che to Bill Cosby: Pull your pants up
- 'Greatest catch of all time': A new football star is born as Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. defies gravity on Sunday Night Football
- No need to pitch a tent outside Best Buy! Amazon starts Black Friday sale a full WEEK early
- South Carolina boy, 5, born without fingers can use his right hand with Iron Man-themed prosthesis
- Missouri cop shot in the arm as violent protests continue in the wake of the grand jury decision not to indict Officer Darren Wilson in Michael Brown's death
- 'Jurassic World' teaser hits the web
- Joey Fatone helps Super 8 set new pillow-fighting record
- One Direction, Katy Perry, Iggy Azalea, Beyonce win big at the American Music Awards
- Mother-of-two stabbed to death in the chest while jogging in Connecticut
- 'If we left, they wouldn't have nobody': Heroic janitor and cook recall how they cared for at least 16 elderly patients after residential home was abandoned by staff
- Mother-of-three vanishes on lunch break after stepping out of childcare center to call her husband
- Michelle Obama cheers on niece and her alma mater at Princeton women's basketball game
- New York City high school offers two-day course teaching students about interacting with police officers
- Katy Perry confirmed as halftime performer for 2015 Super Bowl in new advert
- Driver collects food from McDonald's drive-thru window and takes off after hitting man outside fast food restaurant with his car
- Taylor Swift, Lorde help Sarah Hyland celebrate her birthday
- Top 9/11 lawyer accuses Napoli Bern of using prostitutes during legal dispute
- First woman named in charge of White House dessert menu but can she satisfy a sweet tooth and still meet First Lady Michelle Obama's healthy demands?
- Rurik Jutting given all-clear by psychiatrists to face charges over murder of two prostitutes in his Hong Kong flat
- NFL's William Gay reveals moment he discovered his mother was shot dead
- 'How do we stop things like this happening time after time': LeBron James leads the social media reaction to the news that Michael Brown's killer won't face charges
- Christopher Roney set to be executed in January for killing female cop
- Ferguson grand jury evidence could be kept SECRET
- 'We're a strong family. We're just taking it a day at a time': Family of mother who abandoned baby boy in a drain speak out for the first time
- Don't bother counting calories... it's the type of food that matters: Items high in fat may actually be good at keeping the weight off
- Russian Soyuz rocket launches to deliver 3 new crew members to ISS
- Jennifer Lopez, 45, reveals her incredibly toned stomach in daring wrap dress while Selena Gomez, 22, covers up from head to toe as the stars walk the red carpet for the American Music Awards
- Cafe Press selling BABY clothing with offensive slogans
- So HOW did the baby found in a drain survive?
- Powerful people develop loud, high-pitched, monotonous voices, study claims
- Raccoon gets head stuck in a drain - before getting freed by washing up liquid
- Move over Hubble! Amateur astronomer takes stunning photos of colourful galaxies from his back garden in Michigan