'American Horror Story' casts world's smallest woman, Jyoti Amge
More from Regional
- BBC's Tony Hall gets death threat over Jeremy Clarkson's Top Gear sacking
- Fears for Florida girl April Kayla Flores missing since Friday
- 'I felt out of place': Angelina Jolie gives insight into her misfit youth with empowering speech in first appearance since she revealed she had ovaries removed
- Hackers target ba customer accounts
- Dwayne Johnson plays 'The Rock Obama' in 'Saturday Night Live' sketch
The 20-year-old hails from India, and measures 2' 0.6" tall. She is acknowledged as the world's smallest living woman in both the Guinness Book of Records and the Limca Book of Records. Series creator Ryan Murphy announced the news Wednesday on Twitter.
"Jessica and our newest cast member Jyoti Amge...the world's smallest woman," he captioned a photo of Amge and co-star Jessica Lange.
Jessica and our newest cast member Jyoti Amge...the world's smallest woman. pic.twitter.com/SIPhd4V0pQ— Ryan Murphy (@MrRPMurphy) August 13, 2014
The new season takes place in Jupiter, Fla. in 1950, and stars Lange as freak show manager Elsa Mars, Sarah Paulson as conjoined twins Bette and Dot Tattler, Michael Chiklis as strongman performer Wendell del Toredo, Angela Bassett as Wendell's wife Desiree Dupree, Kathy Bates as Wendell's ex-wife Ethel Darling, Evan Peters as their son Jimmy Darling, Emma Roberts as Maggie and John Carroll Lynch as a core villain.
American Horror Story: Freak Show premieres in October. Murphy has said it has "a little more humor and a little bit more camp" than Asylum, but a darker tone than Coven.
© 2014 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.