Johnny Weir appears in court 'for biting husband' Victor Voronov
- The former figure skater, 29, appeared in court in New Jersey with husband Victor Voronov on Tuesday to ask to dismiss the charges
- The pair put on a united front and the judge agreed to throw out the case
- The pair married in December 2011, months after Weir officially came out
- Weir has previously said there are 'constant fireworks' in the relationship
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 18:13 EST, 4 March 2014 | UPDATED: 19:22 EST, 4 March 2014
Johnny Weir appeared in court today for allegedly biting his husband during a domestic dispute.
The former figure skater, whose commentary during Sochi established him as one of its biggest stars, appeared at Lyndhurst Municipal Court with husband Victor Voronov to get the case dismissed.
Voronov, a lawyer, filed a police report about a month before the Olympics claiming the 29-year-old former ice skating champion had bit him, a source told RadarOnline.
But in court on Tuesday, the pair put on a united front, with Voronov placing his hand on his husband's knee and whispering into his ear, the website reported.
Scrap: Former figure skater Johnny Weir, right, and his attorney husband Victor Voronov, left, appeared in court on Tuesday after Voronov filed a police report saying Weir bit him during a domestic dispute
Trouble in paradise? The couple, pictured on Instagram, married in 2011 after just several months of dating
Weir, dressed in an unusually somber black outfit, caught the attention of the judge, who commented 'Nice hairdo!' as he approached the bench.
The couple asked the Lyndhurst Municipal Court judge to dismiss the case, and it was granted.
Leaving the court, Weir told Radar: 'It is a private matter I do not wish to discuss.'
Police and court officials declined to reveal further details because it is a domestic dispute case.
Weir officially came out as gay in his memoir Welcome to My World in 2011, citing a recent string of gay suicides as his reason to be open about his sexuality.
On New Year's Eve that year, he married Voronov, a Georgetown Law graduate.
TV favorites: Weir and fellow skater Tara Lipinski were applauded for their colorful commentary in Sochi
Popular: Weir scored fans with his quirky wardrobe, left, and an invitation with Lipinksi to the Oscars, right
Ahead of the nuptials, Weir told IceNetwork that Voronov, who comes from a Russian family but grew up in Atlanta, was 'kind of everything that I've ever looked for and aspired to be in a relationship with'.
He went on: 'We've known for a long time and we reconnected over the summer, and it's just been a whirlwind.
'He's wonderful. He's in the legal field, completely separate from all of my razzle dazzle. He loves watching me perform and seeing what I actually do.'
But in February, he told Access Hollywood that the relationship could be fiery.
'A marriage between two guys is different than what I imagine a marriage between a man and a woman [to be],' he said.
'I mean, we're both constantly trying to fight to wear the pants in the relationship. It's constant fireworks. It's very boom, boom, boom.'
Thrown out: The couple asked the judge at Lyndhurst Municipal Court, pictured, to dismiss the case
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Colorado NewsGet the latest Colorado news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Colorado Newsday.
Rate this article
The final moments of Russian opposition leader Boris Nemtsov caught on CCTV: Footage 'shows killer on foot jumping into a car after carrying out hit'
Boris Nemtsov was gunned down on Great Moskvoretsky Bridge on FridayCCTV footage of moment the 55-year-old was shot four times has emergedIt purports to show ...
- 'Depraved' or 'hilarious'? SNL viewers divided over shocking Dakota Johnson ISIS skit that sees her run off with the terror group yelling 'Death to America'
- 'Smoking is even deadlier than we thought': 67% of smokers WILL die from the habit, says new research
- Knee injury to sideline Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan 6-8 weeks
- Bing reveals map of biggest aircraft graveyard in the world
- Ukrainian man thinks he has the world's longest eyelashes - and credits the incredible growth to a special food he wants to keep secret
- Aaron Schock reimburses U.S. Government $40,000 for 'Downton Abbey' office decor
- 'It's the best day of our lives': Mom of 'miracle' quadruplets whose reaction to her pregnancy went viral speaks of her delight as she brings home last of four baby girls
- Shocking moment students at Catholic school dressed as monkeys and a banana and taunted black basketball players... and DIDN'T get punished
- 'I see why people commit suicide': Ray Rice says he felt like life wasn't worth living amid backlash over punching his then-fiancee unconscious in an elevator
- 'We are in love... and I am 95% certain he's telling the truth': Woman defends her decision to wire $1.4 MILLION to online lover in Africa she's never met
- Brazil arrests US sect leader wanted on sex charges after two female followers said they were abused at his Minnesota camp
- Duranord and Jeanne Veillard of Spring Valley, New York, celebrated his 108th birthday today after 82 years of marriage
- Supreme Court ruling about FISH could let friends of accused Boston Bomber walk free even though they helped conceal evidence - and hurt the case against him in the process
- Mother arrested for child neglect after her young daughters traveled barefoot trying to sell their toys door to door and she slept
- Drunk tractor driver decapitates three people in head-on crash
- WABC news misidentifies Mr Spock as a 'STAR WARS' character
- FDA reveals USPlabs' weight loss supplement OxyELITE Pro Super Thermogenic contains Prozac
- NYC truck driver Pablo Ortega on George Washington Bridge accused of using a 'sophisticated' bumper retractor
- Husband leaves five-star review for Westgrove hotel his wife to conducted affair
- Two shot at North Carolina nightclub as rappers T.I. and Young Jeezy performed
- American survivors remember the horrors of the Battle of Manila 70 years on
- Aaron Hernandez grins as court hears he 'text friend before they shot dead Odin Lloyd'
- Inspirational moment high school basketball team donates supporters and cheerleaders to prison rivals who had 'close to zero' fans
- Nine-banded armadillos thought to have caused LEPROSY in Florida patients
- Is this the worst DIY rewiring ever? Hilarious moment man shows how he can turn on the lights with a hairdryer
- Jihadi John was 'never the same' after suffering brain injury when he ran head first into a goalpost, claims former classmate
- Woman dies after leaping into the frozen East River from a ferry as blocks of ice hamper police rescue
- The moment an SUV rolls over five times in a harrowing crash in which all four passengers survived despite not wearing their seat belts
- The heartwarming moment World War II veteran, 90, goes sledding down a hill with his trusty dog running by his side
- Man sentenced to life in prison in death of 12-year-old boy made to stand outside in 90-degree heat
- Excommunicated Mormon loses her final appeal to regain church membership
- Kim Kardashian denied access to Vanity Fair party
- Spoiled teen takes parents to court
- Oprah Winfrey tells Lindsay Lohan to ‘cut the bull****’ in trailer for new reality show Lindsay
- The Afghanistan village buried by avalanche which claimed more than 250 lives
- South Africa family reunited with child snatched in 1997
- Heart-warming video shows three-legged elephant being fitted with artificial limb after stepping on landmine
- Mother of 20-day-old baby found dead in a swamp who was discovered crying and bruised nearby claiming they were abducted charged with murder
- Pregnant woman drives kids into ocean in Florida
- American Airlines flight 382 grounded on the runway for nine hours
- The amazing moment heroic state trooper saves driver from getting killed as truck swipes his car
- Chilean president has heartbreaking meeting with 14-year-old girl who begs the government to let her die as she struggles with cystic fibrosis
- Russian troops threaten to shoot Ukrainian soldiers in tense stand-off
- Jennifer Lawrence denies having row with director David O. Russell on Joy set
- Billionaire Jeff Greene claims he was misquoted over Americans 'need to have less'
- William Shatner: 'I feel really awful' about missing Leonard Nimoy's funeral
- Trekkies around the globe memorialize Spock as fans leave flowers on Hollywood Boulevard after Leonard Nimoy's passing
- Former director of Breckenridge Film Festival Dawna Foxx given 5 years for embezzling $300K