Johnny Weir appears in court 'for biting husband' Victor Voronov
- The former figure skater, 29, appeared in court in New Jersey with husband Victor Voronov on Tuesday to ask to dismiss the charges
- The pair put on a united front and the judge agreed to throw out the case
- The pair married in December 2011, months after Weir officially came out
- Weir has previously said there are 'constant fireworks' in the relationship
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 18:13 EST, 4 March 2014 | UPDATED: 19:22 EST, 4 March 2014
Johnny Weir appeared in court today for allegedly biting his husband during a domestic dispute.
The former figure skater, whose commentary during Sochi established him as one of its biggest stars, appeared at Lyndhurst Municipal Court with husband Victor Voronov to get the case dismissed.
Voronov, a lawyer, filed a police report about a month before the Olympics claiming the 29-year-old former ice skating champion had bit him, a source told RadarOnline.
But in court on Tuesday, the pair put on a united front, with Voronov placing his hand on his husband's knee and whispering into his ear, the website reported.
Scrap: Former figure skater Johnny Weir, right, and his attorney husband Victor Voronov, left, appeared in court on Tuesday after Voronov filed a police report saying Weir bit him during a domestic dispute
Trouble in paradise? The couple, pictured on Instagram, married in 2011 after just several months of dating
Weir, dressed in an unusually somber black outfit, caught the attention of the judge, who commented 'Nice hairdo!' as he approached the bench.
The couple asked the Lyndhurst Municipal Court judge to dismiss the case, and it was granted.
Leaving the court, Weir told Radar: 'It is a private matter I do not wish to discuss.'
Police and court officials declined to reveal further details because it is a domestic dispute case.
Weir officially came out as gay in his memoir Welcome to My World in 2011, citing a recent string of gay suicides as his reason to be open about his sexuality.
On New Year's Eve that year, he married Voronov, a Georgetown Law graduate.
TV favorites: Weir and fellow skater Tara Lipinski were applauded for their colorful commentary in Sochi
Popular: Weir scored fans with his quirky wardrobe, left, and an invitation with Lipinksi to the Oscars, right
Ahead of the nuptials, Weir told IceNetwork that Voronov, who comes from a Russian family but grew up in Atlanta, was 'kind of everything that I've ever looked for and aspired to be in a relationship with'.
He went on: 'We've known for a long time and we reconnected over the summer, and it's just been a whirlwind.
'He's wonderful. He's in the legal field, completely separate from all of my razzle dazzle. He loves watching me perform and seeing what I actually do.'
But in February, he told Access Hollywood that the relationship could be fiery.
'A marriage between two guys is different than what I imagine a marriage between a man and a woman [to be],' he said.
'I mean, we're both constantly trying to fight to wear the pants in the relationship. It's constant fireworks. It's very boom, boom, boom.'
Thrown out: The couple asked the judge at Lyndhurst Municipal Court, pictured, to dismiss the case
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Colorado NewsGet the latest Colorado news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Colorado Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
A domestic violence suspect is accused of calling his estranged wife and threatening to kill her as she sat in the Denver District Attorney's Office ...
- Kim Kardashian denied access to Vanity Fair party
- Spoiled teen takes parents to court
- Couple stole little girl's iPod in Aurora
- Knee injury to sideline Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan 6-8 weeks
- Former director of Breckenridge Film Festival Dawna Foxx given 5 years for embezzling $300K
- Drunk tractor driver decapitates three people in head-on crash
- Kim Kardashian's name is dragged into iCloud scandal as nude pictures surface online
- Forbes rich list names world’s youngest billionaires
- Pregnant woman drives kids into ocean in Florida
- Russian troops threaten to shoot Ukrainian soldiers in tense stand-off
- Oprah Winfrey tells Lindsay Lohan to ‘cut the bull****’ in trailer for new reality show Lindsay
- Woman accused of breaking into Tennessee elementary school cafeteria in her underwear and wielding baseball bat while screaming
- 'Leaked by some vultures': Gabrielle Union SLAMS hackers and admits she is the latest victim in new wave of nude celebrity photos posted online
- Beverley Hills mansion with 16-car garage, vodka bar, home cinema and its own candy wall goes on sale for staggering $85MILLION
- Polly Bergen, Emmy Award-winning actress, dies
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Person of interest' in hunt for missing Hannah Graham is a nursing assistant claims he did NOT drive off with her in his car...as ONE THOUSAND volunteers search for her
- Soldier sent home from Afghanistan after filming foul-mouthed protest rap and posting it online
- Boxer vows to fight on – after 51st defeat in row
- Cancer-stricken mom's wish for fairytale wedding photoshoot comes true - even though there's no groom waiting and it's her three sons filling in as 'the man in her life'
- Where did the green 'alien eggs' come from? Scientists baffled by UFOs (Unidentified Floating Objects) that washed up on a Sydney beach
- Incredible bravery in Salt Lake City as bystanders jump into river to save teens stuck upside down in the water in wrecked SUV
- That's one expensive car crash: Driver writes off his friend's $400,000 Lamborghini in late night smash
- He should play for the team! Quick-thinking cadet saves Texas A&M's beloved collie from getting trampled by rival receiver
- Found: The REAL Hitler diaries which astonishingly reveal how the Fuhrer's British-born nephew William Hitler went to Berlin to cash in on his connections - only to end up fighting the Nazis
- Stubborn Salmond had to jump: DONALD TRUMP on how the SNP leader did the best thing by resigning as First Minister
- Polygamist women 'try and abduct girl set to testify against their husband at rape trial'
- Fed-up Texas pastor holds grandmother at gunpoint who snatched packages off his porch...and police say it wasn't her first time
- NYPD crash kills officer and another eight cops left injured
- Preview Kim Kardashian as a furry alien on 'American Dad'
- Last pictures of Brit backpackers David Miller and Hannah Witheridge
- Terms of Service
- Swedish man convicted of rape has charged overturned after court decided attack could have been because of 'sexsomnia'
- Truth of Kate's the Duchess of Cambridge's morning sickness, by DR ELLIE CANNON
- Tiny humanoid robots are now advanced enough to FLY A PLANE, claim researchers, who think their five-inch machine could even meet Government safety guidelines
- Empty morgues, abandoned wards and corridors overrun with ivy: Inside the deserted Maryland tuberculosis sanatorium where children with the deadly infection were left isolated... and some say it's haunted
- Man hauled off airliner by armed police after passenger noticed him scribbling the word 'terrorism' in his journal
- Did Thai murder victims argue with island gangster before they were brutally killed? Locals claim no one will speak out 'because they are too scared'
- First kegs of Oktoberfest are tapped as steins and beer tents overflow in Munich
- 'World's sexiest criminal' Stéphanie Boudoin charged with 114 COUNTS
- Authorities in Central California are on the hunt for five inmates who escaped from jail - and they're all considered armed and dangerous
- Rodin? No, it's rodent art by Dickens' descendants! Novelist's great-great-granddaughter forges sculpture featuring 2ft rats
- I thought I could beat anything. Then my doctor said: 'You have skin cancer...'
- Sarah Palin finally speaks out about Alaska brawl
- Hold your breath: The world's deepest pool goes 137 FEET below the surface and is filled with crystal clear 32C spa water
- Texas Game of Thrones fan staves off an intruder with a MEDIEVAL SWORD instead of a gun because he is a christian who doesn't believe in killing
- With her 'last breath,' hero mom hid her baby in the toilet, sheltering the infant in the toilet as her boyfriend shot her in the head before turning the gun on himself
- Senate agrees to bill including $10million information reward in deaths of James Foley and Steven Sutloff...as Obama approves training Syrian rebels fighting ISIS
- Darius Wlodarski queues for 44 hours to buy iPhone 6 to win back wife