Johnny Weir appears in court 'for biting husband' Victor Voronov
- The former figure skater, 29, appeared in court in New Jersey with husband Victor Voronov on Tuesday to ask to dismiss the charges
- The pair put on a united front and the judge agreed to throw out the case
- The pair married in December 2011, months after Weir officially came out
- Weir has previously said there are 'constant fireworks' in the relationship
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 18:13 EST, 4 March 2014 | UPDATED: 19:22 EST, 4 March 2014
Johnny Weir appeared in court today for allegedly biting his husband during a domestic dispute.
The former figure skater, whose commentary during Sochi established him as one of its biggest stars, appeared at Lyndhurst Municipal Court with husband Victor Voronov to get the case dismissed.
Voronov, a lawyer, filed a police report about a month before the Olympics claiming the 29-year-old former ice skating champion had bit him, a source told RadarOnline.
But in court on Tuesday, the pair put on a united front, with Voronov placing his hand on his husband's knee and whispering into his ear, the website reported.
Scrap: Former figure skater Johnny Weir, right, and his attorney husband Victor Voronov, left, appeared in court on Tuesday after Voronov filed a police report saying Weir bit him during a domestic dispute
Trouble in paradise? The couple, pictured on Instagram, married in 2011 after just several months of dating
Weir, dressed in an unusually somber black outfit, caught the attention of the judge, who commented 'Nice hairdo!' as he approached the bench.
The couple asked the Lyndhurst Municipal Court judge to dismiss the case, and it was granted.
Leaving the court, Weir told Radar: 'It is a private matter I do not wish to discuss.'
Police and court officials declined to reveal further details because it is a domestic dispute case.
Weir officially came out as gay in his memoir Welcome to My World in 2011, citing a recent string of gay suicides as his reason to be open about his sexuality.
On New Year's Eve that year, he married Voronov, a Georgetown Law graduate.
TV favorites: Weir and fellow skater Tara Lipinski were applauded for their colorful commentary in Sochi
Popular: Weir scored fans with his quirky wardrobe, left, and an invitation with Lipinksi to the Oscars, right
Ahead of the nuptials, Weir told IceNetwork that Voronov, who comes from a Russian family but grew up in Atlanta, was 'kind of everything that I've ever looked for and aspired to be in a relationship with'.
He went on: 'We've known for a long time and we reconnected over the summer, and it's just been a whirlwind.
'He's wonderful. He's in the legal field, completely separate from all of my razzle dazzle. He loves watching me perform and seeing what I actually do.'
But in February, he told Access Hollywood that the relationship could be fiery.
'A marriage between two guys is different than what I imagine a marriage between a man and a woman [to be],' he said.
'I mean, we're both constantly trying to fight to wear the pants in the relationship. It's constant fireworks. It's very boom, boom, boom.'
Thrown out: The couple asked the judge at Lyndhurst Municipal Court, pictured, to dismiss the case
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Colorado NewsGet the latest Colorado news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Colorado Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Kim Kardashian denied access to Vanity Fair party
- Russian troops threaten to shoot Ukrainian soldiers in tense stand-off
- Drunk tractor driver decapitates three people in head-on crash
- Boxer vows to fight on – after 51st defeat in row
- Forbes rich list names world’s youngest billionaires
- Spoiled teen takes parents to court
- Pregnant woman drives kids into ocean in Florida
- Oprah Winfrey tells Lindsay Lohan to ‘cut the bull****’ in trailer for new reality show Lindsay
- Denver Man Michael McGinley threatened to kill wife in phone call at DA’s office
- Couple stole little girl's iPod in Aurora
- Former director of Breckenridge Film Festival Dawna Foxx given 5 years for embezzling $300K
- Knee injury to sideline Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan 6-8 weeks
- Don't fry this at home! Fire department shows how NOT to deep-fry a turkey this Thanksgiving
- Bill Cosby returns to the stage and receives standing ovation at benefit for women's organization as new actress comes forward to say he forced her into oral sex
- Boy, 12, carrying a BB gun shot TWICE by Cleveland cop despite witness telling 911 dispatcher the weapon was 'probably fake'
- Daisy the Labrador has helped find disease in 551 patients
- Bill Cosby gets another standing ovation as he performs for the first time in the United States since latest wave of rape allegations - and only one woman comes out to protest
- How the student sons of Chinas super rich show off their wealth
- Man in prison 19 years freed after claim recanted
- 'These won't be our last holidays together!': Tearful immigrant student says she had no idea she'd be in Obama speech that revealed her father can stay in America
- Miracle On 34th Street comes alive as Macy's unveils its holiday windows with just over a month to go before Christmas
- Iglesias, Calle 13 clean up at Latin Grammys
- A view from the bottom in America's poorest city: Captivating photo series gives an intimate glimpse of the faces men, women and children struggling to get by on the streets of Philadelphia
- Hayley Turner, 18, who faked her own abduction sparking multi-state search placed on three years probation and fined $15,200 for the search
- Man is brutally stabbed NINE TIMES for kindly asking a man to stop catcalling his girlfriend
- Housekeeper Cara Simmons GIVEN the home she's sent to clean
- Nestle developing exercise in a BOTTLE to create the ultimate diet drink
- A fifth of type 2 diabetics will NOT benefit from exercise due to genetics
- Are Kylie Jenner's lips achievable with just 'overlining' make-up?
- Yoko Ono teams up with The Flamming Lips for christmas song
- Naya Rivera says married people shouldn't have friends of the opposite sex
- Where's the snow? Not in Alaska's largest city
- Francois Hollande and Julie Gayet seen together for the first time
- The wartime love letters to a girl in rural North Carolina from THREE soldiers who all wanted to marry her on their return
- Is Kabul's City Park the world's most dangerous theme park?
- Utah lawmaker proposes cutting off the water supply to NSA facility
- Cher cancels remaining tour dates over viral infection
- Yoko Ono teams up with The Flaming Lips for Christmas song
- US press corps handed a style guide to smarten up for William and Kate's American visit
- Russian boxer knocks out gang of thugs after they harassed his wife
- 'Shams' travels to join ISIS - and keeps a journal of her time in Syria
- The forgotten space race: Haunting images of Nasa's abandoned launch sites reveal ambition that once captivated the world
- Suspended NFL star Adrian Peterson vows 'I won't ever use a switch for discipline again', as he reveals he has spoken to his young son for the first time in five months
- Man dies and seven are injured in central London balcony collapse
- British jihadi bride warns her 'sisters' back in UK planning to travel to Syria not to be a 'homewrecker' and get their own extremist husband
- Stray dog that attended university lectures is killed by officials in China
- Sign in Nebraska reads: 'Aids, Ebola, Obama. Thank you Africa'
- British jihadi killed in Kobane fighting for ISIS