Johnny Weir appears in court 'for biting husband' Victor Voronov
- The former figure skater, 29, appeared in court in New Jersey with husband Victor Voronov on Tuesday to ask to dismiss the charges
- The pair put on a united front and the judge agreed to throw out the case
- The pair married in December 2011, months after Weir officially came out
- Weir has previously said there are 'constant fireworks' in the relationship
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 18:13 EST, 4 March 2014 | UPDATED: 19:22 EST, 4 March 2014
Johnny Weir appeared in court today for allegedly biting his husband during a domestic dispute.
The former figure skater, whose commentary during Sochi established him as one of its biggest stars, appeared at Lyndhurst Municipal Court with husband Victor Voronov to get the case dismissed.
Voronov, a lawyer, filed a police report about a month before the Olympics claiming the 29-year-old former ice skating champion had bit him, a source told RadarOnline.
But in court on Tuesday, the pair put on a united front, with Voronov placing his hand on his husband's knee and whispering into his ear, the website reported.
Scrap: Former figure skater Johnny Weir, right, and his attorney husband Victor Voronov, left, appeared in court on Tuesday after Voronov filed a police report saying Weir bit him during a domestic dispute
Trouble in paradise? The couple, pictured on Instagram, married in 2011 after just several months of dating
Weir, dressed in an unusually somber black outfit, caught the attention of the judge, who commented 'Nice hairdo!' as he approached the bench.
The couple asked the Lyndhurst Municipal Court judge to dismiss the case, and it was granted.
Leaving the court, Weir told Radar: 'It is a private matter I do not wish to discuss.'
Police and court officials declined to reveal further details because it is a domestic dispute case.
Weir officially came out as gay in his memoir Welcome to My World in 2011, citing a recent string of gay suicides as his reason to be open about his sexuality.
On New Year's Eve that year, he married Voronov, a Georgetown Law graduate.
TV favorites: Weir and fellow skater Tara Lipinski were applauded for their colorful commentary in Sochi
Popular: Weir scored fans with his quirky wardrobe, left, and an invitation with Lipinksi to the Oscars, right
Ahead of the nuptials, Weir told IceNetwork that Voronov, who comes from a Russian family but grew up in Atlanta, was 'kind of everything that I've ever looked for and aspired to be in a relationship with'.
He went on: 'We've known for a long time and we reconnected over the summer, and it's just been a whirlwind.
'He's wonderful. He's in the legal field, completely separate from all of my razzle dazzle. He loves watching me perform and seeing what I actually do.'
But in February, he told Access Hollywood that the relationship could be fiery.
'A marriage between two guys is different than what I imagine a marriage between a man and a woman [to be],' he said.
'I mean, we're both constantly trying to fight to wear the pants in the relationship. It's constant fireworks. It's very boom, boom, boom.'
Thrown out: The couple asked the judge at Lyndhurst Municipal Court, pictured, to dismiss the case
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Colorado NewsGet the latest Colorado news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Colorado Newsday.
Rate this article
| License Photo MIAMI, Jan. 25 (UPI) -- Miss Colombia Paulina Vega -- a 22-year-old model who studies business administration at the Universidad Javeriana in Bogota ...
- 'Downton Abbey' cast wins SAG Award for Best Ensemble in a TV Drama
- Snowboarder, 20, SURVIVES three nights in icy backcountry after it took days for anybody to realize she had gone missing
- Tyler Wright gets surfboard caught in Cronulla rock pool as she is hammered by waves
- Gavin DeGraw to perform at the Miss Universe Pageant
- Mom releases footage of daughter being kicked on bus to shame Florida school
- Egypt protests death toll rises to 17 on fourth anniversary of Arab Spring
- Polish investigators compile list of 9,500 staff at Auschwitz
- Maris Gonzalez forced to resign over inappropriate relationship with Texas student
- Courtney Love and daughter Frances Bean Cobain reunite at Sundance
- Five footballers from east London who quit UK to transfer to ISIS in Syria linked to Jihadi John
- Kim Kardashian denied access to Vanity Fair party
- Michelle Obama dances with schoolkids after reading to them at White House
- Three-year-old boy performs Beatles' Love Me Do with his dad
- Kylie Jenner says she is still studying for her high-school diploma
- Bradley Cooper is bringing 'The Elephant Man' to London
- How Brooklyn is turning from hipster haven into Mecca for the celebs
- Bill Nye the Science Guy debunks Patriots coach Bill Belichick's 'nonsensical' Deflategate theory
- Shooting at Home Depot store in New York City leaves at least one dead
- Couple stole little girl's iPod in Aurora
- Terms of Service
- Washington townhouses evacuated services deal with 19th-century cannonball
- Petra Kvitkova crashes out of Australian Open
- Lady Victoria Hervey sparks outrage for 'battered housewife' tweet
- Pope Francis urges people to put away their iPhones
- Mandy Moore and Ryan Adams are divorcing
- 'Full House' stars sing theme song at birthday party for show's creator
- Remorseless killer of 11-year-old girl gets early release after serving just HALF of 50-year sentence
- Paula Abdul, Jason Derulo to judge 'So You Think You Can Dance'
- 'One Life to Live' alum Brandon Buddy arrested for alleged DWI
- 'American Sniper' tops the North American box office for a second weekend
- Regis Philbin to host 'Late Late Show' Tuesday; David Letterman to be his guest
- Linkin Park cancels concert tour after Chester Bennington injures his leg
- Seth Rogen clarifies his 'American Sniper' comment
- 'Orange is the New Black' and star Uzo Aduba win big at the SAG Awards
- Raleigh Freshman is FOURTH student to be found dead at North Carolina college
- Queens father 'kills daughter, girlfriend and mother-in-law in mass murder-suicide'
- 'Birdman,' 'Fargo' win Producers Guild of America Awards
- Tom Brady, Deflategate tackled on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Lost Harry Houdini movie 'The Grim Game' to screen at TCM Festival
- LEGO Scooby-Doo playsets will be available in August
- Matthew Beard, Reese Witherspoon to be SAG Awards presenters
- Julia Roberts to produce and star in a new 'Batkid' movie
- Record number of firearms found in carry-on luggage at US airports
- Beverly Wilshire Hotel now offers $100,000 'Pretty Woman' package
- Am I Going Down app calculates chances of flight crashing
- Campaign 'silly season' begins as potential GOP candidates hit Iowa
- The must have fitness gadgets that could make you fatter: They claim to count the calories you burn. But as our test shows, theyre often wildly inaccurate
- How the menopause can drive women MAD Panic attacks, violent rages, hallucinations just some of the terrifying symptoms youre NOT warned about