Johnny Weir appears in court 'for biting husband' Victor Voronov
- The former figure skater, 29, appeared in court in New Jersey with husband Victor Voronov on Tuesday to ask to dismiss the charges
- The pair put on a united front and the judge agreed to throw out the case
- The pair married in December 2011, months after Weir officially came out
- Weir has previously said there are 'constant fireworks' in the relationship
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 18:13 EST, 4 March 2014 | UPDATED: 19:22 EST, 4 March 2014
Johnny Weir appeared in court today for allegedly biting his husband during a domestic dispute.
The former figure skater, whose commentary during Sochi established him as one of its biggest stars, appeared at Lyndhurst Municipal Court with husband Victor Voronov to get the case dismissed.
Voronov, a lawyer, filed a police report about a month before the Olympics claiming the 29-year-old former ice skating champion had bit him, a source told RadarOnline.
But in court on Tuesday, the pair put on a united front, with Voronov placing his hand on his husband's knee and whispering into his ear, the website reported.
Scrap: Former figure skater Johnny Weir, right, and his attorney husband Victor Voronov, left, appeared in court on Tuesday after Voronov filed a police report saying Weir bit him during a domestic dispute
Trouble in paradise? The couple, pictured on Instagram, married in 2011 after just several months of dating
Weir, dressed in an unusually somber black outfit, caught the attention of the judge, who commented 'Nice hairdo!' as he approached the bench.
The couple asked the Lyndhurst Municipal Court judge to dismiss the case, and it was granted.
Leaving the court, Weir told Radar: 'It is a private matter I do not wish to discuss.'
Police and court officials declined to reveal further details because it is a domestic dispute case.
Weir officially came out as gay in his memoir Welcome to My World in 2011, citing a recent string of gay suicides as his reason to be open about his sexuality.
On New Year's Eve that year, he married Voronov, a Georgetown Law graduate.
TV favorites: Weir and fellow skater Tara Lipinski were applauded for their colorful commentary in Sochi
Popular: Weir scored fans with his quirky wardrobe, left, and an invitation with Lipinksi to the Oscars, right
Ahead of the nuptials, Weir told IceNetwork that Voronov, who comes from a Russian family but grew up in Atlanta, was 'kind of everything that I've ever looked for and aspired to be in a relationship with'.
He went on: 'We've known for a long time and we reconnected over the summer, and it's just been a whirlwind.
'He's wonderful. He's in the legal field, completely separate from all of my razzle dazzle. He loves watching me perform and seeing what I actually do.'
But in February, he told Access Hollywood that the relationship could be fiery.
'A marriage between two guys is different than what I imagine a marriage between a man and a woman [to be],' he said.
'I mean, we're both constantly trying to fight to wear the pants in the relationship. It's constant fireworks. It's very boom, boom, boom.'
Thrown out: The couple asked the judge at Lyndhurst Municipal Court, pictured, to dismiss the case
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Colorado NewsGet the latest Colorado news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Colorado Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
Obamacare law means Americans will see calorie-counts on menus and menu boards everywhere next year, but studies show dramatic move might make us eat MORE
Members of Congress who pushed for the rule say it doesn't go far enough and want it expanded to movie theaters, bowling alleys and theme ...
- Meryl Streep discusses her witch's rap for 'Into the Woods'
- Body of missing mother found naked and bloody outside Philadelphia shopping mall just days after her release from prison
- Mikael Lindnord who adopted stray dog now waits months to be reunited
- 'You are too much of a p***y to shoot me': Explosive grand jury evidence reveals how an 'aggressive' Michael Brown taunted cop Darren Wilson before he was shot dead
- Ferguson, Missouri Police officer Darren Wilson WILL NOT face charges for shooting unarmed black teen Michael Brown
- Ferguson cop Darren Wilson married fellow police officer last month
- Man, 37, sentenced to life in prison for the murder of his wife right in front of their daughter and another young girl
- Protesters gather in 90 cities across the U.S. as grand jury decides that Officer Darren Wilson won't be charged over the death of Michael Brown
- Ferguson officer Darren Wilson's family tell of receiving death threats.
- Drunk tractor driver decapitates three people in head-on crash
- Pregnant woman drives kids into ocean in Florida
- Artist creates penguin-seal hybrids after pictures proved they were having sex
- Miss Pole Dance South America competition twirls into Argentina as athletic acrobats compete for the chance to be the best in the world
- Millionaire investor dumps much younger girlfriend of five years by serving her with a restraining order and kicking her out of the house after she returns from weekend away
- 'We're a strong family. We're just taking it a day at a time': Family of mother who abandoned baby boy in a drain speak out for the first time
- Three Alabama boys and a sheriff killed as sports sedan and police car collide
- Spoiled teen takes parents to court
- Knee injury to sideline Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan 6-8 weeks
- Ferguson protesters scrawl Hunger Games slogan on landmark
- Woman who 'had affair with Robert Rosenkranz' confronts wife on Twitter
- Mother-of-three vanishes on lunch break after stepping out of childcare center to call her husband
- Kim Kardashian denied access to Vanity Fair party
- Step aside Kim Kardashian, Odell Beckham Jr broke the internet
- UVA sophomore and heir to grocery store legacy kills himself in latest campus tragedy
- Terms of Service
- Couple stole little girl's iPod in Aurora
- Former director of Breckenridge Film Festival Dawna Foxx given 5 years for embezzling $300K
- First woman named in charge of White House dessert menu but can she satisfy a sweet tooth and still meet First Lady Michelle Obama's healthy demands?
- Richardson High School teacher 'had sex with student and offered her to sign contract promising good grades'
- Ferguson locals laugh at wreckage, pose for pics, scavenge for beers
- Mother-of-two stabbed to death in the chest while jogging in Connecticut
- Denver Man Michael McGinley threatened to kill wife in phone call at DA’s office
- Don't bother counting calories... it's the type of food that matters: Items high in fat may actually be good at keeping the weight off
- Thanksgiving travel nightmare: Nor'easter set to paralyze roads and cancel flights with Atlantic storm expected to dump snow at an inch an hour on Wednesday
- Boxer vows to fight on – after 51st defeat in row
- Swiss museum accepts collection of Nazi artworks left to it by German hoarder
- Jewel Allison accuses Bill Cosby of drugging wine before sexually assaulting her
- NYPD chief sprayed with fake blood at Ferguson grand jury decision protest
- 'If we left, they wouldn't have nobody': Heroic janitor and cook recall how they cared for at least 16 elderly patients after residential home was abandoned by staff
- Russian troops threaten to shoot Ukrainian soldiers in tense stand-off
- 'How do we stop things like this happening time after time': LeBron James leads the social media reaction to the news that Michael Brown's killer won't face charges
- Christopher Roney set to be executed in January for killing female cop
- CNN anchors choke on tear gas during live broadcast as police tweet cops are only using 'smoke'
- Oprah Winfrey tells Lindsay Lohan to ‘cut the bull****’ in trailer for new reality show Lindsay
- Missouri cop shot in the arm as violent protests continue in the wake of the grand jury decision not to indict Officer Darren Wilson in Michael Brown's death
- Florida man Phuc Kieu 'tried to rape man and steal his money'
- Tennessee TV station apologizes for 'Dancing With the Stars' tweet during Ferguson decision
- Forbes rich list names world’s youngest billionaires