Moment intoxicated woman was handcuffed Delta flight after making sexual advances toward fellow passengers
- A flight from Baltimore-Washington airport made an unscheduled stop at Minneapolis-Saint Paul so that police could remove an unruly passenger
- The woman allegedly became drunk and made sexual advances towards a fellow passenger
- She reportedly became unruly when the man rebuffed her advances
- Fellow passengers captured the incident on video
- The woman can be heard ranting at airline staff as they handcuff and restrain her until police board
- She became quiet and subdued as she was led from the plane by police officers
- The plane continued on to Salt Lake City and landed an hour and a half late
- The woman may face federal charges
By Alex Greig
PUBLISHED: 18:48 EST, 9 February 2014 | UPDATED: 20:07 EST, 9 February 2014
A Delta Airlines flight from Baltimore-Washington International Airport bound for Salt Lake City had to be diverted Friday night after a female passenger allegedly made sexual advances towards a fellow passenger.
The woman was reportedly intoxicated and became enraged when her advances were rebuffed.
The woman had to be handcuffed by airline staff until the plane could land at Minneapolis-Saint Paul and police could remove her from the plane.
SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO
Subdued: The woman was quiet as she was led from the plan after becoming unruly mid-air
A fellow passenger recorded two videos of the incident. In the first, expletive-filled recording, the woman can repeatedly be heard saying she will 'f***ing kill' the seatmate who rejected her advances and warning airline staff not to touch her.
'Hey, lady! Over there! I need help, this guy is holding me!' she implores a fellow passenger.
The woman continues ranting as the pilot apologizes to passengers of the PA and explains that the plane will be making an unscheduled stop to remove the unruly passenger.
'Release me!': The woman can be seen at the back of the plane arguing with airline staff as they keep her in her seat
Write caption here
According to the Salt Lake City Tribune, Patrick Hogan, a spokesman for Minneapolis-Saint Paul Airport confirmed the woman was 'very intoxicated' and was 'grabbing at passengers' on the plane.
The passenger who uploaded videos of the incident to YouTube said the woman 'had a few drinks' and made sexual advances to a male passenger. His refusal made her angry, she said, and the woman tried to 'raise her fist' to hit him.
The woman, who hasn't been named, could face federal charges for causing a disturbance while the plane was in flight.
Final destination: The woman never mad it to Salt Lake City with her fellow travelers; instead she was removed from the flight by police and taken to a medical center
Consequences: The woman may face federal charges for causing a disturbance in mid-air
The second video shows the woman, now much subdued, being led from the plane by police in Minneapolis.
After she was removed at about 8pm, the 737 aircraft and its 132 passengers continued on to Salt Lake City, reports Fox 13.
It landed an hour and a half late.
The woman was taken to the Hennepin County Medical Center.
Hogan has said Minneapolis-Saint Paul Airport will not press charges, but the FBI and TSA are investigating the incident and may prosecute.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
- Pueblo city councilman: Council illegally discussed public policy behind closed doors
- LAX to the MAX: UPenn women's lacrosse team accused of trashing Philadelphia pub, smoking drugs and exposing their private parts to cheers from the bar
- Slideshow: Photographs related to the investigation into Ashley Fallis’ death
- National Geographic reveals 50 tours of a lifetime (and Scotland is the only entry for UK)
- Investigation into suicide of mother, 28, reopened after family believe her police officer husband shot her dead before covering up crime
- 'It's ridiculous!': Two cars fall into hidden Detroit sinkhole within moments of each other
- Nashville mother charged with daughter's murder 'for failing to stop abuse'
- 'Clerical error' allowed convicted Cornealious 'Mike' Anderson to walk free
- Homeless mom arrested for leaving kids in car during job interview
- Fire burns near railroad tracks in Longmont
- Surveillance shows burglar looking over Thinh Le's baby boy
- How job listings with 'female-repellent' words like 'aggressive' and 'analytical' discourage women from applying
- Flower girl, 4, who took her first steps - thanks to a harness attached to her dad
- Bamboo WarkaWater 'flower basket' can pluck drinking water from thin air
- 'Her moaning was that of a wounded animal': Couple 'starved a blind orphan with cerebral palsy and let her sit in filthy wheelchair as her teeth rotted away while living off her Medicaid payments'
- Barack Obama admits he pledged to get matching tattoos with daughters
- Support overwhelms family after Ashley Fallis death investigation reopened
- JET THRUSTERS help British snowboarder Jamie Barrow set world record
- Revealed: Masked al-Qaeda fighter who was described as 'Arsenal football player' is believed to be Portuguese citizen who may have attended coaching sessions at the club
- Flight instructor Mitchell Casado featured in CNN's MH370 coverage fired from job for alleged tardiness and 'shaming Canadians' for dressing like a teenager
- Free version of Microsoft Office now easier to find
- Judge denies request to dismiss Chris Brown's assault case
- Hungry Girl Diet
- Hairdresser who used jokey poster of Kim Jong-un to promote his salon was targeted by North Korean embassy officials who demanded he take it down because it 'disrespected' their leader
- Oregon man left owing $69K after 'IRS agent seduced him' wants to sue GOVERNMENT
- At least 14 injured in Los Angeles after two firetrucks collide, causing one to slam into Chinese restaurant
- Police arrest suspect acting suspiciously near Kate and William
- Popular St. Cajetan’s pastor dies at 76
- Rebecca Sedwick: Case file on teen who killed herself 'over cyberbullying' reveals how she had a history of cutting herself and worried constantly about her parents' fighting
- Voter turnout could swing crucial vote for Pueblo pot shops
- Pictured: The distraught captain fiancée who was about to marry missing Malaysian co-pilot after nine year relationship
- Fire Board will stop staffing second fire station to cover investigation costs
- Ashley Fallis’ parents take demand for justice in her death to national audience
- How did you get here? Mystery of the sea lion pup found in an orchard 100 MILES from the ocean
- Jurors shown bloody stiletto 'Ana Trujillo used to kill boyfriend'
- Bar Rafaeli ad featuring a Muppet banned in Israel
- Lorraine Bracco reveals secrets behind her 35-pound weight loss
- Florida man mistakes corpse of 96-year-old suicide victim for April Fool's prank and hurls the woman's body into a Dumpster
- Evans police reopen murder investigation after FOX31 finds new evidence
- Cronut's Dominique Ansel Bakery reopens after mouse infestation
- Wild shootout in hallways of Philadelphia hotel Roosevelt Inn
- North Carolina girl, 3, loses part of both legs in lawn mower accident
- FedEx truck was already up in flames BEFORE it crossed over median strip and crashed into bus in fiery California crash that killed 10
- 'Perhaps there are some unconventional ways to lure me away from my company (besides stock options): The incredibly sexist email a man headhunted by female CEO sent, hinting he'd only join her company in exchange for sexual favors
- 'Pull up your pants or be proud to be a f@%': Southern store owner posts sign with a homophobic slur to deter customers from wearing baggy pants
- Dutch teen is ARRESTED in Rotterdam after tweeting 'joke' bomb threat to American Airlines
- Utah mom Megan Huntsman has bail set to $6m after 'admitting' to killing 6 babies
- Flavor Flav pleads guilty to misdemeanor battery
- Apartment fire forces 26 people out of their homes