Moment intoxicated woman was handcuffed Delta flight after making sexual advances toward fellow passengers
- A flight from Baltimore-Washington airport made an unscheduled stop at Minneapolis-Saint Paul so that police could remove an unruly passenger
- The woman allegedly became drunk and made sexual advances towards a fellow passenger
- She reportedly became unruly when the man rebuffed her advances
- Fellow passengers captured the incident on video
- The woman can be heard ranting at airline staff as they handcuff and restrain her until police board
- She became quiet and subdued as she was led from the plane by police officers
- The plane continued on to Salt Lake City and landed an hour and a half late
- The woman may face federal charges
By Alex Greig
PUBLISHED: 18:48 EST, 9 February 2014 | UPDATED: 20:07 EST, 9 February 2014
A Delta Airlines flight from Baltimore-Washington International Airport bound for Salt Lake City had to be diverted Friday night after a female passenger allegedly made sexual advances towards a fellow passenger.
The woman was reportedly intoxicated and became enraged when her advances were rebuffed.
The woman had to be handcuffed by airline staff until the plane could land at Minneapolis-Saint Paul and police could remove her from the plane.
SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO
Subdued: The woman was quiet as she was led from the plan after becoming unruly mid-air
A fellow passenger recorded two videos of the incident. In the first, expletive-filled recording, the woman can repeatedly be heard saying she will 'f***ing kill' the seatmate who rejected her advances and warning airline staff not to touch her.
'Hey, lady! Over there! I need help, this guy is holding me!' she implores a fellow passenger.
The woman continues ranting as the pilot apologizes to passengers of the PA and explains that the plane will be making an unscheduled stop to remove the unruly passenger.
'Release me!': The woman can be seen at the back of the plane arguing with airline staff as they keep her in her seat
Write caption here
According to the Salt Lake City Tribune, Patrick Hogan, a spokesman for Minneapolis-Saint Paul Airport confirmed the woman was 'very intoxicated' and was 'grabbing at passengers' on the plane.
The passenger who uploaded videos of the incident to YouTube said the woman 'had a few drinks' and made sexual advances to a male passenger. His refusal made her angry, she said, and the woman tried to 'raise her fist' to hit him.
The woman, who hasn't been named, could face federal charges for causing a disturbance while the plane was in flight.
Final destination: The woman never mad it to Salt Lake City with her fellow travelers; instead she was removed from the flight by police and taken to a medical center
Consequences: The woman may face federal charges for causing a disturbance in mid-air
The second video shows the woman, now much subdued, being led from the plane by police in Minneapolis.
After she was removed at about 8pm, the 737 aircraft and its 132 passengers continued on to Salt Lake City, reports Fox 13.
It landed an hour and a half late.
The woman was taken to the Hennepin County Medical Center.
Hogan has said Minneapolis-Saint Paul Airport will not press charges, but the FBI and TSA are investigating the incident and may prosecute.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
- Man who contracted the BUBONIC PLAGUE from his cat speaks about the ordeal that left him at death's door
- New reality show Little Women LA hit by legal trouble before premiere
- Expert describes effect of missile hit on MH17
- Jimi Hendrix' former girlfriend slams upcoming biopic of the rock and roll star that includes scenes of brutal domestic violence as 'completely made up'
- 'My son saved his attacker's life': Father who pounded admitted child molester into a 'bloody puddle' claims son stopped him from stabbing admitted pedophile to death
- Police release pictures of clothes girl, 15, was wearing when she went missing before mysteriously reappearing nine months later
- Scientists discover the new black: British researchers devise material so dark it looks like a black hole
- Zayn Malik heads out of Essex club after 'feeling unwell inside'
- Yes, yes, YES! Woman experience TWO types of orgasm, sonographs reveal
- Germany's WAGs invade pitch after World Cup win and carry on partying all night
- Incredible rise from poverty of New York Ballet Theatre's second-ever black soloist
- 'Hell is Love': Inside the toxic world of CEO' daughter turned call girl 'killer,' Alix Tichelman
- Denver Union Station grand opening delayed until July 26
- Kate Middleton pictured wearing bracelet available through her parents' website
- Couple's stunning Icelandic wedding photos have gone viral
- Adios England: Agony and despair as Uruguay's 2-1 victory destroys virtually any hope of going through to the next stage of World Cup
- Magaluf: The island where British girls sell their bodies for cash
- Pueblo West Metro Board: No more pot
- 'I wouldn't be in that car if I were you': Mother's chilling words after she killed her four-year-old daughter and stuffed her in the trunk 'because she was jealous of the girl'
- Katie Cleary's husband Andrew Stern filed for divorce just weeks ago before killing himself at shooting range
- Diane Stretton is at the center of several legal disputes and even sued her own son as she's spotted hiding in car at police station
- Vladimir Putin gets 48 hour ultimatum over MH17 crash site
- 'I know my time is limited': Newly crowned NFL cheerleader, 40, reveals incurable kidney disease has already claimed the lives of family members
- Missing 6-year-old boy reported misisng in Parker found
- EXCLUSIVE: Couple who found $10m hoard of gold coins while walking dog could have broken law by not telling the police
- Two young couples ripped apart after dirt bike crashes into a motorcycle killing three of them
- 'Basically, I was against all white people.' Hoops superstar Michael Jordan admitted he turned racist when a girl at school called him a 'n****r,' new book reveals
- Now they're magic mushrooms! Amazing images reveal alien-like toadstools and glow-in-the-dark fungi lighting up forests
- Caught on GoPro: The smiles and laughter of African orphans whose lives have been enriched by Northwestern graduate who skipped his flight home to help them
- Jonie the pit bull carries her injured Chihuahua 'soul mate' Chachi to safety and now they're in need of a loving owner
- 'It was a bigger deal for her than me': Neurofibromatosis sufferer beats prejudice to film nude with Scarlett Johansson
- Miss Teen Arizona wins 2 months after losing parents in a plane crash
- Meet the seven women of Bravo's 'Ladies of London' whose drinking, cat fighting, royal name dropping and even labor scenes are coming to TV
- One Direction's luxury homes are a world away from the modest houses they grew up in
- Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is the most powerful American car ever
- Mother, 21, charged with strangling and dismembering newborn son with scissors after delivering him in the shower
- Five people charged in Quality Inn shooting death
- Family says fraternity hazing ritual to blame for death of student, 19, who was found without shoes or cell phone in forest
- The Queen must not have shellfish and how Obama hates beetroot: Members of elite club of chefs who cook for world's leaders reveal some of their secrets
- Tearful Leno says goodbye after 22 years as Obama and host of stars pay tribute on his final show
- Welcome to Southern Comfort: Striking portraits shed light on one of Atlanta's last remaining honky-tonk joints and its quirky regulars
- Mexican cartel hitman who claims to have killed 46 in his career gets 50 years for murdering man who disrespected his daughter
- Would you tie the knot with a total stranger? Meet the couples getting MARRIED at first sight
- Excuses, excuses: Husband charts wife’s reasons for refusing sex, sends it to her
- 'Elizabeth Hurley had year-long affair with Bill Clinton' after being introduced by her Hollywood actor ex
- Beauty queen Kristy Althaus 'loses title of first runner-up Miss Colorado Teen USA over allegedly making a porno'
- 90-pound pedophile busted after driving 18 hours to Florida to marry a teen girl that turned out to be an undercover cop
- Gakirah Barnes of Chicago's Fly Boy Gang is teen queen of gangland
- Chinese tycoon serves up free luxury lunch to hundreds of NY homeless
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Pregnant woman drives kids into ocean in Florida
- Spoiled teen takes parents to court
- Cornell Robinson, Devery Kelley accused of robbing pregnant woman in labor in Maryland
- Father needed hospital treatment for three inch gash in his head after being attacked by his neighbour's cat because it hated his Hugo Boss AFTERSHAVE
- Mormon missionary from Utah run over and killed in Sweden
- Business student 'posed on online dating sites as a high-flying engineer and architect to dupe love-struck women from around the world out of £186,000'
- Children undergo traditional 'lucky haircuts' in China (but don't seem happy about it!)
- And the Oscar goes to Samsung, Twitter AND Apple: How Ellen's backstage iPhone antics took the gloss off the now famous A-list selfie retweet taken on rival Galaxy smartphone
- Pictured: The men who stole the car of woman in labor at gunpoint
- Unseasonably warm weather set to make 1,000-mile Iditarod race even MORE grueling as mushers set off