CEO commits suicide with a nail gun while his company under investigation
- Richard Talley, 57, founder of American Title Services in Centennial, Colorado, was found dead in his home on Tuesday
- Talley 'once claimed to be a member of the 1980 U.S.
Olympic swimming team' - USA Swimming refuted this on Thursday
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 16:31 EST, 7 February 2014 | UPDATED: 17:35 EST, 7 February 2014
A CEO has committed suicide by shooting himself multiple times with a nail gun, a coroner reported on Friday.
Richard Talley, 57, founder of American Title Services in Centennial, Colorado, was found dead in his home on Tuesday with up to eight wounds to the torso and head.
His company was being investigated by state insurance regulators at the time of Mr Talley's suicide.
Richard Talley, pictured with his wife of 25 years Cheryl, committed suicide with a nail gun at his home in Colorado
A family member found the 57-year-old dead in his garage, the Denver Post reported.
Mr Talley has been married to his wife Cheryl since 1989. He moved to Colorado from Chicago where he was a regional finance officer for Drexel Burnham Lambert.
He attended the University of Miami and Northwestern University's Kellogg Graduate School of Management.
The Post also claimed that Talley had once said he was a member of the 1980 U.S. Olympic swimming team' - but a spokesman for USA Swimming refuted this.
The Department Of Regulatory Agencies confirmed that an investigation was focused on Talley and the company to the Post but gave no additional information.
Mr Talley, 57, was found dead in his garage from the self-inflicted wounds in Centennial, Colorado
Mr Talley had allegedly been having trouble with his business before he took his own life in Colorado
Talley had formed a number of companies, some of which closed down, including American Escrow, Clear Title, Clear Creek Financial Holdings, Swift Basin, Sumar, American Real Estate Services, and the American Alliance of Real Estate Professionals.
His funeral will be held on Saturday in Centennial.
In the U.S., for support on suicide matters call the National Suicide Prevention Helpline on 1-800-273-8255 or go to suicidepreventionlifeline.org
In the UK, for confidential support call the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90, visit a local Samaritans branch or see www.samaritans.org
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Colorado NewsGet the latest Colorado news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Colorado Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
Erica Lynne Mesa, 27, charged with custodian indecent liberties and solicitation of a minor using a computerThe married math teacher and volleyball coach at Colonial Forge ...
- Pictured: Smiling grandmother who was beheaded by Muslim convert in Oklahoma just months after losing her home in tornado
- Boy born without a face helped by woman who read of his plight on Facebook
- Kim Kardashian denied access to Vanity Fair party
- Spoiled teen takes parents to court
- Forbes rich list names world’s youngest billionaires
- Couple stole little girl's iPod in Aurora
- Russian troops threaten to shoot Ukrainian soldiers in tense stand-off
- Knee injury to sideline Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan 6-8 weeks
- Former director of Breckenridge Film Festival Dawna Foxx given 5 years for embezzling $300K
- Drunk tractor driver decapitates three people in head-on crash
- Denver Man Michael McGinley threatened to kill wife in phone call at DA’s office
- Pregnant woman drives kids into ocean in Florida
- Yoga that makes joints worse... and other health fads experts say do more harm than good
- Utah family found dead by son under mysterious circumstances
- HALF the world's wild animals have disappeared in 40 years: Humankind held responsible as familiar species lose battle for survival
- Oprah Winfrey tells Lindsay Lohan to ‘cut the bull****’ in trailer for new reality show Lindsay
- Former state wrestling champ and Harvard student dies in mysterious circumstances one day after funeral for his best friend who died of suspected heroin overdose
- Mikie Sawyer punched man after he asked him to stop cursing in an Applebee's
- Body of Arkansas' Beverly Carter found as Arron Lewis faces murder charge
- Mother of Oklahoma beheading suspect apologizes to victims in Facebook video, but insists 'there are two sides to every story'
- Arron Lewis stalked woman just a few months ago
- Dallas patient put into isolation for testing after returning from a region plagued by Ebola and showing signs of the deadly virus
- A new golf war! Police called to Rory McIlroy's hometown after locals report 'Arabic' emblem flying above resident's home... but it was in fact an EU flag to celebrate Ryder Cup victory
- 'We will make some attacks in New York soon': Canadian jihadist claims ISIS 'prepared to right now to make' U.S. strike
- Alton Nolen 'felt oppressed at work over not getting a raise'
- Boxer vows to fight on – after 51st defeat in row
- China's Miao Room cavern is the largest on earth
- Japanese show launches new group the Happening Girls who you can DATE
- Meet the man who is spending seven weeks dining on four bowls of pasta a day with his all-you-can-eat Olive Garden card...and claims he feels 'healthy and alert' after finishing first week
- Are you Good2Go? New app allows users to give 'consent' prior to sex... while logging the name and number of their partner
- Missing Idaho woman found disoriented 2,000 miles away in small Mississippi town where her father was a minister in the 1960s
- Dr Ana Maria Gonzalez-Angulo given 10 years in prison for poisoning lover
- How commercial trucking has become the 'deadliest job in America' due to driver fatigue and lax regulation leaving a wake of casulaties
- Police nab suspect who led them on high-speed chase thanks to his too-strong COLOGNE
- Mother of 4 dies after being targeted and shot by unknown man while out walking her dog
- The girl with the 9lb HAIRBALL: Massive blockage meant teenager couldn't even drink a glass of water
- Muslim Husain Abdullah penalized by NFL for praying as celebration
- Oklahoma man charged with murder in beheading
- Police issue arrest warrant in missing Arkansas realtor case for man they helped in a serious car crash this afternoon - before he ran from the hospital covered in blood
- KFC customer told he can't have a wet wipe in halal-only branch because it contains alcohol and could offend Muslim diners
- Lightwater Valley rollercoaster decapitates DEER covering passengers in blood
- Generous couple leave $100 tip to server with a sweet note despite 'terrible service during their anniversary meal'
- The most disgusting airline passengers: Former cabin attendant's 'flight shaming' website inundated with snaps of filthy behavior in the skies
- Predator Pursuit's Jeff Thompson lands record-sized shark with a BOW AND ARROW
- Execution of Iranian woman due to be hanged for killing man who 'raped her' is postponed at the last minute after calling her mother to say goodbye
- Terms of Service
- Ready to look cute: Magic Johnsons son and star of RichKids of Beverly Hills undergoes gastric sleeve surgery to slim down
- 3-year-old boy weighs 11 STONE due to syndrome that means he can't stop eating