CEO commits suicide with a nail gun while his company under investigation
- Richard Talley, 57, founder of American Title Services in Centennial, Colorado, was found dead in his home on Tuesday
- Talley 'once claimed to be a member of the 1980 U.S.
Olympic swimming team' - USA Swimming refuted this on Thursday
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 16:31 EST, 7 February 2014 | UPDATED: 17:35 EST, 7 February 2014
A CEO has committed suicide by shooting himself multiple times with a nail gun, a coroner reported on Friday.
Richard Talley, 57, founder of American Title Services in Centennial, Colorado, was found dead in his home on Tuesday with up to eight wounds to the torso and head.
His company was being investigated by state insurance regulators at the time of Mr Talley's suicide.
Richard Talley, pictured with his wife of 25 years Cheryl, committed suicide with a nail gun at his home in Colorado
A family member found the 57-year-old dead in his garage, the Denver Post reported.
Mr Talley has been married to his wife Cheryl since 1989. He moved to Colorado from Chicago where he was a regional finance officer for Drexel Burnham Lambert.
He attended the University of Miami and Northwestern University's Kellogg Graduate School of Management.
The Post also claimed that Talley had once said he was a member of the 1980 U.S. Olympic swimming team' - but a spokesman for USA Swimming refuted this.
The Department Of Regulatory Agencies confirmed that an investigation was focused on Talley and the company to the Post but gave no additional information.
Mr Talley, 57, was found dead in his garage from the self-inflicted wounds in Centennial, Colorado
Mr Talley had allegedly been having trouble with his business before he took his own life in Colorado
Talley had formed a number of companies, some of which closed down, including American Escrow, Clear Title, Clear Creek Financial Holdings, Swift Basin, Sumar, American Real Estate Services, and the American Alliance of Real Estate Professionals.
His funeral will be held on Saturday in Centennial.
In the U.S., for support on suicide matters call the National Suicide Prevention Helpline on 1-800-273-8255 or go to suicidepreventionlifeline.org
In the UK, for confidential support call the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90, visit a local Samaritans branch or see www.samaritans.org
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Colorado NewsGet the latest Colorado news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Colorado Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
Pictured in his final moments: Canadian reservist soldier and father Nathan Cirillo, 24, photographed SECONDS before he was shot dead by Michael Zehaf-Bibeau
A tourist snapped what is likely the last photo of Cirillo taken before the horrific act of terrorCorporal Cirillo was was gunned down as he stood ...
- Should that go there? Officers marking off Ebola patient's NYC apartment toss their gloves, masks and caution tape in PUBLIC trash can on city sidewalk after they leave
- One man and his Harley: Brad Bakelar of Reno rides his motorcycle with his companion, Moki, a five-year-old Goldendoodle
- 'You are so loved': Lawyer who was with Corporal Nathan Cirillo in his final moments describes the support and aide he received from complete strangers desperate to save his life
- The Halloween light show that is perfectly synced to Bohemian Rhapsody
- Vicious Japanese man becomes the first person in the world to get prison time for printing 3D guns
- Autopsy shows black teenager gunned down by off-duty police officer in St Louis was shot six times in the back - as family attorney says it PROVES he was running away
- Miracle surgery saves all four of expecting mom's quadruplets after fears they were losing blood and she could give birth at just 19 weeks
- Substitute teacher 'had sex with a football player student, 17, during pep rally on her first day of school'
- Could you last the night in McKamey Manor HORROR HOUSE? Nobody has yet
- Bear Grylls releases new book 'Extreme Food'
- Twitter erupts with angry rants, confused questions and cynical humor as New York tries to make sense of why Ebola doctor went bowling while knowingly at risk
- Billionaire George Soros' son fights bitter divorce battle with wife of 22 years after 'cheating with a model-turned-naked artist'
- Small plane and helicopter collide in midair killing three in Maryland
- Ikea video of scene from Stanley Kubrick's The Shining in time for Halloween
- Texas hospital is using fake patients sprayed with TABASCO SAUCE to train doctors how not to come in contact with the deadly virus dripping into U.S territory
- Couple stole little girl's iPod in Aurora
- Eddie Redmayne morphs into Stephen Hawking for The Theory of Everything clip
- Ikea reveals convertible standing desk that can become a normal desk
- Kim Kardashian denied access to Vanity Fair party
- Boxer vows to fight on – after 51st defeat in row
- Forbes rich list names world’s youngest billionaires
- Spoiled teen takes parents to court
- Oprah Winfrey tells Lindsay Lohan to ‘cut the bull****’ in trailer for new reality show Lindsay
- Man missing 9 years found dead in car in Ohio pond
- The travel and tipping habits of the rich and famous REVEALED through a deciphered New York taxicab database
- Defense attorney of one of the four Vanderbilt football players accused of sexually assaulting an unconscious 21-year-old female student says his client was 'too drunk to rape'
- Pregnant woman drives kids into ocean in Florida
- Knee injury to sideline Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan 6-8 weeks
- Lauryn 'Pumpkin' Shannon rubbishes reports Mama June is dating child sex offender ex
- Decorated soldier who fought in 'Black Hawk Down' battle in Somalia dies at 52
- Hailee Lamberth's parents sue school for 'not telling them she was bullied'
- Gunman in murder-suicide at Ben Taub General Hospital in Houston, Texas
- Authorities recover 500 pounds of meth in massive California drug bust
- 'His smile wins over the girls - he will go far in life': How Ottawa shooter's yearbook paints a VERY different picture of Michael Zehaf-Bibeau
- Drunk tractor driver decapitates three people in head-on crash
- Former director of Breckenridge Film Festival Dawna Foxx given 5 years for embezzling $300K
- EXCLUSIVE: Empty corridors, snow-free mountains and the weird Dome Cafe: Inside North Korea's deserted ski resort which Kim Jong-un says is 'impeccable'
- Kurds attend funerals of those who died battling ISIS in Kobane
- Ebola 'SWAT teams' on standby to rush to wherever new cases are identified
- 'There is no reason for New Yorkers to be alarmed': Officials issue desperate appeal for city to remain calm over Ebola case
- Rosie O'Donnell under fire after defending Chrissy Teigen's Ottawa shooting tweet
- Russian troops threaten to shoot Ukrainian soldiers in tense stand-off
- Denver Man Michael McGinley threatened to kill wife in phone call at DA’s office
- US Airways jet bound for Philadelphia spends SIX HOURS circling Brussels to burn fuel after developing rudder fault
- Nebraska school district allows students to pose with guns in yearbook photos
- The life of a Presidential pet: From JFK's Terriers to Bobby's Saint Bernard, a look back at the Kennedys' dogs through the generations
- Fifty shrinks: A lens into the wide-variety therapist offices where New Yorkers from all walks of life pour out their problems and share their innermost secrets
- Comfort eating? Chinese woman, 26, spends an entire WEEK in KFC after being dumped by boyfriend