CEO commits suicide with a nail gun while his company under investigation
- Richard Talley, 57, founder of American Title Services in Centennial, Colorado, was found dead in his home on Tuesday
- Talley 'once claimed to be a member of the 1980 U.S.
Olympic swimming team' - USA Swimming refuted this on Thursday
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 16:31 EST, 7 February 2014 | UPDATED: 17:35 EST, 7 February 2014
A CEO has committed suicide by shooting himself multiple times with a nail gun, a coroner reported on Friday.
Richard Talley, 57, founder of American Title Services in Centennial, Colorado, was found dead in his home on Tuesday with up to eight wounds to the torso and head.
His company was being investigated by state insurance regulators at the time of Mr Talley's suicide.
Richard Talley, pictured with his wife of 25 years Cheryl, committed suicide with a nail gun at his home in Colorado
A family member found the 57-year-old dead in his garage, the Denver Post reported.
Mr Talley has been married to his wife Cheryl since 1989. He moved to Colorado from Chicago where he was a regional finance officer for Drexel Burnham Lambert.
He attended the University of Miami and Northwestern University's Kellogg Graduate School of Management.
The Post also claimed that Talley had once said he was a member of the 1980 U.S. Olympic swimming team' - but a spokesman for USA Swimming refuted this.
The Department Of Regulatory Agencies confirmed that an investigation was focused on Talley and the company to the Post but gave no additional information.
Mr Talley, 57, was found dead in his garage from the self-inflicted wounds in Centennial, Colorado
Mr Talley had allegedly been having trouble with his business before he took his own life in Colorado
Talley had formed a number of companies, some of which closed down, including American Escrow, Clear Title, Clear Creek Financial Holdings, Swift Basin, Sumar, American Real Estate Services, and the American Alliance of Real Estate Professionals.
His funeral will be held on Saturday in Centennial.
In the U.S., for support on suicide matters call the National Suicide Prevention Helpline on 1-800-273-8255 or go to suicidepreventionlifeline.org
In the UK, for confidential support call the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90, visit a local Samaritans branch or see www.samaritans.org
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Colorado NewsGet the latest Colorado news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Colorado Newsday.
Rate this article
| License Photo MIAMI, Jan. 25 (UPI) -- Miss Colombia Paulina Vega -- a 22-year-old model who studies business administration at the Universidad Javeriana in Bogota ...
- 'Downton Abbey' cast wins SAG Award for Best Ensemble in a TV Drama
- Snowboarder, 20, SURVIVES three nights in icy backcountry after it took days for anybody to realize she had gone missing
- Tyler Wright gets surfboard caught in Cronulla rock pool as she is hammered by waves
- Gavin DeGraw to perform at the Miss Universe Pageant
- Mom releases footage of daughter being kicked on bus to shame Florida school
- Egypt protests death toll rises to 17 on fourth anniversary of Arab Spring
- Polish investigators compile list of 9,500 staff at Auschwitz
- Maris Gonzalez forced to resign over inappropriate relationship with Texas student
- Courtney Love and daughter Frances Bean Cobain reunite at Sundance
- Five footballers from east London who quit UK to transfer to ISIS in Syria linked to Jihadi John
- Kim Kardashian denied access to Vanity Fair party
- Michelle Obama dances with schoolkids after reading to them at White House
- Three-year-old boy performs Beatles' Love Me Do with his dad
- Kylie Jenner says she is still studying for her high-school diploma
- Bradley Cooper is bringing 'The Elephant Man' to London
- How Brooklyn is turning from hipster haven into Mecca for the celebs
- Bill Nye the Science Guy debunks Patriots coach Bill Belichick's 'nonsensical' Deflategate theory
- Shooting at Home Depot store in New York City leaves at least one dead
- Couple stole little girl's iPod in Aurora
- Terms of Service
- Washington townhouses evacuated services deal with 19th-century cannonball
- Petra Kvitkova crashes out of Australian Open
- Lady Victoria Hervey sparks outrage for 'battered housewife' tweet
- Pope Francis urges people to put away their iPhones
- Mandy Moore and Ryan Adams are divorcing
- 'Full House' stars sing theme song at birthday party for show's creator
- Remorseless killer of 11-year-old girl gets early release after serving just HALF of 50-year sentence
- Paula Abdul, Jason Derulo to judge 'So You Think You Can Dance'
- 'One Life to Live' alum Brandon Buddy arrested for alleged DWI
- 'American Sniper' tops the North American box office for a second weekend
- Regis Philbin to host 'Late Late Show' Tuesday; David Letterman to be his guest
- Linkin Park cancels concert tour after Chester Bennington injures his leg
- Seth Rogen clarifies his 'American Sniper' comment
- 'Orange is the New Black' and star Uzo Aduba win big at the SAG Awards
- Raleigh Freshman is FOURTH student to be found dead at North Carolina college
- Queens father 'kills daughter, girlfriend and mother-in-law in mass murder-suicide'
- 'Birdman,' 'Fargo' win Producers Guild of America Awards
- Tom Brady, Deflategate tackled on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Lost Harry Houdini movie 'The Grim Game' to screen at TCM Festival
- LEGO Scooby-Doo playsets will be available in August
- Matthew Beard, Reese Witherspoon to be SAG Awards presenters
- Julia Roberts to produce and star in a new 'Batkid' movie
- Record number of firearms found in carry-on luggage at US airports
- Beverly Wilshire Hotel now offers $100,000 'Pretty Woman' package
- Am I Going Down app calculates chances of flight crashing
- Campaign 'silly season' begins as potential GOP candidates hit Iowa
- The must have fitness gadgets that could make you fatter: They claim to count the calories you burn. But as our test shows, theyre often wildly inaccurate
- How the menopause can drive women MAD Panic attacks, violent rages, hallucinations just some of the terrifying symptoms youre NOT warned about