CEO commits suicide with a nail gun while his company under investigation
- Richard Talley, 57, founder of American Title Services in Centennial, Colorado, was found dead in his home on Tuesday
- Talley 'once claimed to be a member of the 1980 U.S.
Olympic swimming team' - USA Swimming refuted this on Thursday
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 16:31 EST, 7 February 2014 | UPDATED: 17:35 EST, 7 February 2014
A CEO has committed suicide by shooting himself multiple times with a nail gun, a coroner reported on Friday.
Richard Talley, 57, founder of American Title Services in Centennial, Colorado, was found dead in his home on Tuesday with up to eight wounds to the torso and head.
His company was being investigated by state insurance regulators at the time of Mr Talley's suicide.
Richard Talley, pictured with his wife of 25 years Cheryl, committed suicide with a nail gun at his home in Colorado
A family member found the 57-year-old dead in his garage, the Denver Post reported.
Mr Talley has been married to his wife Cheryl since 1989. He moved to Colorado from Chicago where he was a regional finance officer for Drexel Burnham Lambert.
He attended the University of Miami and Northwestern University's Kellogg Graduate School of Management.
The Post also claimed that Talley had once said he was a member of the 1980 U.S. Olympic swimming team' - but a spokesman for USA Swimming refuted this.
The Department Of Regulatory Agencies confirmed that an investigation was focused on Talley and the company to the Post but gave no additional information.
Mr Talley, 57, was found dead in his garage from the self-inflicted wounds in Centennial, Colorado
Mr Talley had allegedly been having trouble with his business before he took his own life in Colorado
Talley had formed a number of companies, some of which closed down, including American Escrow, Clear Title, Clear Creek Financial Holdings, Swift Basin, Sumar, American Real Estate Services, and the American Alliance of Real Estate Professionals.
His funeral will be held on Saturday in Centennial.
In the U.S., for support on suicide matters call the National Suicide Prevention Helpline on 1-800-273-8255 or go to suicidepreventionlifeline.org
In the UK, for confidential support call the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90, visit a local Samaritans branch or see www.samaritans.org
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Colorado NewsGet the latest Colorado news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Colorado Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
'The brother that executed James Foley should be the new Batman': Cardiff ISIS fighters post sickening messages mocking beheading of U.S. journalist
Reyaad Khan and Nasser Muthana continue to post vile online commentsThe pair appeared in a chilling recruitment video for Islamic State in JuneLast week, 20-year-old ...
- Jacuzzis, butlers and baby grand pianos... welcome aboard the cruise ships with the most lavish suites (and heftiest price tags)
- Jennifer Lawrence victim of hacker who leaks slew of graphic nude photos of Oscar winning actress and 'dozens of A-listers'
- Pregnant woman shot dead 'in cold blood' at her home in attack that also killed unborn child
- Louisiana TV host shot dead by son-in-law who was also believed to be his lover in alleged murder-suicide attempt
- Spoiled teen takes parents to court
- Jennifer Lawrence 'victim of hacker' who leaks slew of graphic nude photos of Oscar winning actress
- Three fundraisers and a wedding: President Obama and first family attend White House chef's nuptials on a busy Labor Day weekend
- How middle-aged mother Sally Jones from Chatham may have 'reinvented herself as a jihadi'
- Father of four gunned down by police who claim he was armed and suicidal - which his family deny
- Alec Baldwin engages in heated conversation with police in the Hamptons after paparazzo altercation
- Doctors fear stroke could leave Joan Rivers as 'either a vegetable or in a wheelchair' as they begin process to bring her out of coma which will take until Tuesday
- Forbes rich list names world’s youngest billionaires
- Joan Rivers family face agonizing decision over whether or not to turn off life support machine as legendary comic fights for her life
- 'I am the most drunk Democrat in Texas': Gov. Rick Perry says tweet that disparaged district attorney convicted for drunk driving was 'unauthorized'
- The puppy who got a second chance: Heart-warming story of near ferial abandoned dog who became a lovable pet after being rescued and given a little TLC
- Rejected 17,000 times, the dog no one wants: 'Friendly and affectionate' seven-year-old lurcher has lived in kennels since he was taken in as a puppy
- Iraqi TV's cartoon satire on terror, ISIS, and jihadis
- Couple stole little girl's iPod in Aurora
- The Great War Soldiers saved by a pocket Bible, a whistle and a camera: Incredible stories of how three heroes cheated death revealed for the first time
- 'I was desperate to have a baby'. Aussie mum gives birth 3 years after husbands death
- Malibu Beach surfer successfully swaps his board MID SURF before getting wiped out
- Bryan Hamade denies he's the hacker who leaked celebrity nude photos
- Former journalist tells of her double life as a mother and an escort
- Kelly Brook reveals she HIT ex-boyfriends Danny Cipriani and Jason Statham
- Romanian footballer's girlfriend in row over animal cruelty after posting bizarre picture of pet puppy nibbling her bra
- The curse of having wonky eyebrows: Uneven brows get worse as you age - now there's a cunning way to straighten them
- One of a pair of Batman Batboats made for 1966 movie up for £40,000 at auction
- Drunk tractor driver decapitates three people in head-on crash
- At least two dead and many more missing as massive explosion destroys four-story building in Paris suburb
- Gym teacher at top New York Catholic school 'had affairs with her male students for years'
- Millionaire couple follow Pope's call on rescue boat to help desperate migrants - and on its first voyage they save hundreds of Syrians and Palestinians sinking in the Mediterranean
- Three American captives held in North Korea say their plight is 'urgent' and beg U.S. government for help in new interview
- Boxer vows to fight on – after 51st defeat in row
- Mexico'sLeandra Becerra Lumbreras becomes oldest person who ever lived at 127
- Southwest Airlines passenger suffers heart attack and dies after 'flight attendant refuses to use a defibrillator because of his chest hair'
- Spotted in Primark at 15, the single mum who is the new Naomi Campbell (and is making millions after leaving her drug dealer lover)
- Prince Willliam and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge plan Chinese charm offensive
- Labor Day washout! Thunderstorm and heavy rain ruin holiday weekend in New York and across the East Coast
- The citizen agents of 'Project Washtub'
- Scanning electron microscope (SEM) images show extreme close ups of plaque, incisors and decay
- Israel under fire for 'largest West Bank land grab in 30 years' as soldiers swoop on 1,000 acres of Palestinian territory
- Did iCloud's 'Find My iPhone' function help hackers steal celebrities' 'nude' photos? Flaw may have exposed hundreds of images
- Anti-government protesters storm Pakistan state television station and 'beat journalists'
- Pregnant woman drives kids into ocean in Florida
- Triumph Magic Wire Bra has SILICONE wires that don't dig give cleavage and support
- Pregnant wife left heartbroken after pilot husband Hollis Malone killed in crash
- Pictured: Parents of Ashya leave court for transfer to Madrid as grandmother of the five-year-old attacks police for arresting the couple
- Terms of Service
- Kim Kardashian denied access to Vanity Fair party