CEO commits suicide with a nail gun while his company under investigation
- Richard Talley, 57, founder of American Title Services in Centennial, Colorado, was found dead in his home on Tuesday
- Talley 'once claimed to be a member of the 1980 U.S.
Olympic swimming team' - USA Swimming refuted this on Thursday
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 16:31 EST, 7 February 2014 | UPDATED: 17:35 EST, 7 February 2014
A CEO has committed suicide by shooting himself multiple times with a nail gun, a coroner reported on Friday.
Richard Talley, 57, founder of American Title Services in Centennial, Colorado, was found dead in his home on Tuesday with up to eight wounds to the torso and head.
His company was being investigated by state insurance regulators at the time of Mr Talley's suicide.
Richard Talley, pictured with his wife of 25 years Cheryl, committed suicide with a nail gun at his home in Colorado
A family member found the 57-year-old dead in his garage, the Denver Post reported.
Mr Talley has been married to his wife Cheryl since 1989. He moved to Colorado from Chicago where he was a regional finance officer for Drexel Burnham Lambert.
He attended the University of Miami and Northwestern University's Kellogg Graduate School of Management.
The Post also claimed that Talley had once said he was a member of the 1980 U.S. Olympic swimming team' - but a spokesman for USA Swimming refuted this.
The Department Of Regulatory Agencies confirmed that an investigation was focused on Talley and the company to the Post but gave no additional information.
Mr Talley, 57, was found dead in his garage from the self-inflicted wounds in Centennial, Colorado
Mr Talley had allegedly been having trouble with his business before he took his own life in Colorado
Talley had formed a number of companies, some of which closed down, including American Escrow, Clear Title, Clear Creek Financial Holdings, Swift Basin, Sumar, American Real Estate Services, and the American Alliance of Real Estate Professionals.
His funeral will be held on Saturday in Centennial.
In the U.S., for support on suicide matters call the National Suicide Prevention Helpline on 1-800-273-8255 or go to suicidepreventionlifeline.org
In the UK, for confidential support call the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90, visit a local Samaritans branch or see www.samaritans.org
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Colorado NewsGet the latest Colorado news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Colorado Newsday.
Rate this article
Man is believed to have jumped from balcony at Hilton Times Square Tuesday Decomposing body was found Thursday morning behind digital billboard on building that houses ...
- Cruise passengers warned to take 'quality condoms' on board as rate of STI's rises
- Cemetery with one MILLION mummies unearthed in Egypt
- BlackBerrys last gasp? Firm launches $450 classic handset with keyboard in bid to keep customers from defecting to iPhone
- That's a different kind of water-skiing! Incredible pictures show pair of adventurers body board their way down Europe's largest glacier
- Incendiary footage emerges of NYPD officer repeatedly punching a 12-year-old black boy during street arrest as onlookers cry foul
- Was SWEET POTATO to blame for Easter Island's downfall?
- Plus-Size Woman ask 21 magazine editors from around the world to fix her using Photoshop
- Inside the secretive world of Bureau 121: Is North Korea's state-sponsored cell of cyber warriors behind the Sony hack?
- Amirah Droudis faces 'review' of decision to release her on bail for MURDER
- Yakut horses running across Siberia despite temperatures of -50C
- Three years of home videos returned to family 16 years later thanks to social media and the kindness of strangers
- Best boyfriend ever fills a jar with 365 love notes for his girlfriend to open one day at a time over the course of 2015
- How one of America's most controversial lawyers and two al-Qaeda clerics came within one day of freeing ISIS hostage Peter Kassig in secret FBI mission
- Eight children found dead at Cairns home
- Jim Bob Duggar responds to critics of '19 Kids & Counting'
- Stephen Collins admits to child abuse: 'I did something terribly wrong'
- Maryland Maria draws YouTube audience of millions as her whispered voice induces mysterious physical sensation
- Teen buys 5 dollar thrift shop teddy bear for his sister but is mortified to find inside an urn full of someones ashes
- Woman who stopped on a highway to help ducklings cross the road is jailed for 90 days
- Eight children found dead at Cairns home
- 15-foot deadly python slithers into office building and eight workers think it funny to all hold it up for a picture
- Andrea Catsimatidis files for divorce from Richard Nixon's grandson Christopher
- Shamed Sony head Amy Pascal called 'culturally blind' by Al Sharpton following racist emails as two meet to address racial diversity in Hollywood
- The Interview script leak reveals orgy scene with James Franco and Kim Jong-un as well as gay sex references to the North Korean leader that could have led to hack
- Irish face new abortion row over brain-dead woman
- Bill Cosby is under full-scale police investigation
- Jilted husband catches his nude wife having sex in lover's car, 'fatally stabs both of them and stuffs her body in the trunk' in tragic love triangle
- Wife of KCEN's Patrick Crawford who was shot tells how quick-thinking saved him
- Is celtuce the new kale?
- Eight children 'found dead at Queensland home'
- Forbes rich list names world’s youngest billionaires
- 'Parks and Recreation' releases final season preview
- Kurt Busch testifies at no-contact order hearing
- The scientist planning to upload his brain to a COMPUTER
- First cougar seen in Kentucky in over 150 years is promptly shot dead
- Pregnant woman drives kids into ocean in Florida
- Knee injury to sideline Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan 6-8 weeks
- Terms of Service
- Drunk tractor driver decapitates three people in head-on crash
- The mystery of the 'magical' superstrong Viking sword
- Brooke Shields poses in box as life-size Barbie
- Celebrating curvy women and their beautiful booties: Photographers sensational tribute to models with relatable bodies
- How New York's Charging Bull was secretly dropped off by a guerrilla artist
- Cuddles relieve stress and protect against infections, study finds
- Isaac Kolstad still struggling with his injuries seven months after attack
- Geert Wilders to face trial for inciting racial hatred
- Brad Pitt rejected for jury duty in LA as his 'presence is too distracting'
- Diner eats display of rare white Alba truffles she thought was a free sample