O.J. Simpson 'is undergoing tests for BRAIN CANCER'
- The jailed former football legend is undergoing secret medical exams for a cancerous tumor in his brain and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, The National Enquirer reports
- Simpson, 66, is serving out a 33-year kidnapping, assault and robbery sentence in a Nevada prison
- The newspaper reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk
- A source told the publication that Simpson had written to President Obama begging to be pardoned because of his health
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 11:01 EST, 2 January 2014 | UPDATED: 12:54 EST, 2 January 2014
O.J. Simpson is receiving tests for brain cancer and is begging President Barack Obama for a pardon so he can die in peace at home, according to a new report.
The jailed former football legend, who is serving out a kidnapping, assault and robbery sentence in a Nevada prison, is undergoing secret medical exams for a cancerous tumor in his brain and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, The National Enquirer reports.
The publication reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk and brain cancer would certainly add to his health woes.
Tests: O.J. Simpson, pictured at a court hearing in May, is receiving tests for brain cancer and is begging President Barack Obama for a pardon so he can die in peace at home, according to The National Enquirer
'O.J. says his memory is slipping and he gets painful headaches and other symptoms,' a source told The Enquirer, listing blurry vision, occasional stuttering and hearing problems as other concerns. He also at times feels confused and has unusual bursts of anger and fits of depression.
put off the doctors for weeks after he first started experiencing the
symptoms because he was afraid of what they would find,' the source said.
'Now the prison docs are telling him they believe he has a brain tumor. They plan to run a series of tests on him, MRIs and CT scans.'
The Enquirer reports that Simpson has finally agreed to the tests and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, telling a friend, 'I feel the end coming. But I don't want to die in prison like common jailhouse scum.'
The publication reports he has even begged President Obama for a pardon so he can die comfortably at home.
Diabetes? The newspaper reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk
Simpson is eligible for parole, he has to serve another four year of
his 33 year sentence at the Lovelock Correctional Center.
The Enquirer reports Simpson tried to lose weight by sticking to a strict diet and exercise plan after a diabetes-related health scare a few months ago, but it was a struggle.
'He began suffering dizzy spells, nausea, lapses in memory and headaches - and the frightening symptoms continue to get worse,' the source is quoted as saying.
The article claims Simpson, in a last ditch attempt for freedom, wrote to the
President and said 'Mr President, I know my life is coming to an end.
Please, don't let me die in prison.'
In July, The Enquirer reported Simpson had just months to live as a result of his extreme case of diabetes and unhealthy lifestyle behind bars.
combination of 'sky high' blood pressure, a vastly expanding waistline
and a lack of physical activity had doctors concerned about his health,
the magazine reported at the time.
Court: Simpson was convicted of a slew of charges on October 3, 2008 - the 13th anniversary of the day he was controversially acquitted of killing his ex-wife Nicole brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman
Simpson's lawyer Ozzie Fumo told MailOnline that he has not heard anything about his clients poor health.
'As far as I know his health is very good, he was doing just fine,' Fumo said. 'I spent a lot of time with him preparing for the retrial motion and he never once mentioned diabetes.
'We discussed health issues, we had meals together, and he seemed fine.'
first warning signs came during a court hearing in May when the former
running-back looked much heavier than he ever had before.
In the July story, The Enquirer claimed Simpson weighed 300 pounds and prison doctors encouraged him to exercise and eat more healthily to combat the high blood pressure and diabetes.
He had developed a habit of passing the days by laying in bed in his prison cell and only getting up to get sugar-filled snacks, it reported.
doctors have told him he could be dead in as little as three months
because of his out-of-control blood sugar and blood pressure,' an
unidentified prison friend told The Enquirer in the summer.
In healthier days: In this October 3, 1995 photo, O.J. Simpson, center, appears in far better health as he reacts to being cleared of murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman
'But OJ doesn't care. He knows he's never going to get out of prison, so he refuses to take care of himself.'
The 33-years he faces following a 2008 robbery are not helping motivate Simpson, as he is now making plans for his death.
allegedly confessed to murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her
friend Ron Goldman in 1994 and told a prison friend that he will write a
confession letter that will be sent- and then publicly shared- after he
Fumo countered this claim, saying that in his months of interactions with Simpson he has 'never once disparaged the Goldmans'.
'In his mind, they're creditors along with his children Sydney and Justin,' Fumo said.
The friends cited by The Enquirer said the double slaying came in a moment of rage that he regrets to this day because he still loves Nicole.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Colorado NewsGet the latest Colorado news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Colorado Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
Former Navy SEAL Kristin Beck, who retired to become female, speaks at conference of transgender soldiers to discuss U.S. military's ban
Kristin Beck - formerly Chris - addressed a conference in D.C. MondaySaid she could still serve her country just as well after gender changeBut Pentagon ...
- Chinese woman whips and kicks a toddler for wetting herself
- Girl, 16, with a heart condition collapses and dies while walking through haunted house
- Knee injury to sideline Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan 6-8 weeks
- Casey Baird's horror after daughter Tawnee is stabbed to death 'by her lesbian partner'
- Indiana body count rises to SEVEN as police fear 'Backpage' serial killer may have murdered many more women across the country
- Up to 34 MILLION blank 'green cards' and work permits to be ordered ahead of Obama illegal immigrant 'amnesty'
- Halloween reveler pokes fun at domestic violence by dressing as Ray Rice dragging life-size blow up doll of wife he beat unconscious
- Controversial CEO of oil giant Total killed in private jet plane crash after aircraft hit snow plough on take-off from Moscow airport
- US Marine held in the Philippines' mother claims she is being kept in the dark
- Radicalized Canadian Muslim convert runs down two young soldiers in his car before being shot dead by police
- Woman who got stuck in chimney had been dumped by homeowner she met online and had already been caught on his roof once before
- Serena Williams does the splits to put knee fears to rest as she beats Ana Ivanovic in straight sets at WTA championships
- Kim Kardashian denied access to Vanity Fair party
- Disney's next animated feature, 'Moana,' slated for 2016 release
- Slava Voynov suspended after he's arrested for domestic violence
- Ben & Jerry's will NOT change the name of new ice cream 'Hazed & Confused' despite complaints from anti-hazing activists
- Police give super-drunk Michigan woman a DUI after she mistakes the county jail for a bar
- Chinese boy had his armed ripped off by bear he tried to pat
- Banksy's version of Girl With A Pearl Earring appears on Bristol wall
- Pregnant woman drives kids into ocean in Florida
- Free-floating images are made by firing lasers and they could be used to alert people to disasters
- Reeva Steenkamp's sister pleads with judge to jail Oscar Pistorius for twenty years
- Oscar de la Renta, fashion designer, dead aged 82
- Bill and Hillary ignore Monica Lewinsky's public re-emergence as they continue supporting Democratic candidates on the campaign trail in Louisiana and California
- Listen to Taylor Swift's new single, 'Welcome to New York'
- Man charged with killing Saudi college student
- Drunk tractor driver decapitates three people in head-on crash
- Spoiled teen takes parents to court
- US troops battling Ebola in West Africa WON'T be equipped with Hazmat suits
- Oprah Winfrey tells Lindsay Lohan to ‘cut the bull****’ in trailer for new reality show Lindsay
- New York City pays $200,000 to store homeless woman's belongings
- Oscar Pistorius to finally learn sentence for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ohio girl who cut off her hair to give to cancer patients has to be taken out of school after being bullied and told she's ugly
- PIERS MORGAN: It wasn't the Internet that ruined your reputation, Monica, it was lust in the world's most powerful room - now welcome to Twitter!
- Teen mother charged with attempted capital murder 'for trying to suffocate her son'
- Rachel Lynn Craig is first charged under 'revenge porn law' in Virginia
- Ohio man holding five children hostage threatens to open fire on police
- Ousted Barclays boss Bob Diamond throws his daughter a three-day wedding extravaganza in the South of France complete with TWO custom gowns and fireworks
- Revealed, Oregon's First Lady took older ex-lover (and pot-farm partner) on romantic Siberian trip just weeks after she was paid $5,000 for 'green card wedding' to Ethiopian immigrant
- Boxer vows to fight on – after 51st defeat in row
- Couple stole little girl's iPod in Aurora
- CDC issues new guidelines for treating Ebola patients that ALL skin must be covered, after two nurses of patient zero contracted the virus
- Florida crane topples over and crushes an RV and three cars during routine tree removal
- KNOP-TV's Joe Swift fired for wishing departing colleagues good luck live on-air
- Are YOU spreading germs every time you wash the dishes? Researchers find 90% of tea towels in US kitchens are covered in bacteria
- Denver Man Michael McGinley threatened to kill wife in phone call at DA’s office
- Former director of Breckenridge Film Festival Dawna Foxx given 5 years for embezzling $300K
- Ukraine children get tanks and rocket launchers during 'Defend your Country' rally
- Warren Buffett may suffer $1billion loss due to plummeting IBM stocks
State senator arrested TWICE in the same weekend for 'stalking' a frightened neighbor and TPing her house... just a month after he was caught drinking in public while sitting uninvited in other people's yards (0)
The real Lives of Others: German tourists relive the Communist East by spending a night in a Stasi bunker - with 'basic training' and authentic military rations (but they escape to a sauna at the end) (0)