O.J. Simpson 'is undergoing tests for BRAIN CANCER'
- The jailed former football legend is undergoing secret medical exams for a cancerous tumor in his brain and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, The National Enquirer reports
- Simpson, 66, is serving out a 33-year kidnapping, assault and robbery sentence in a Nevada prison
- The newspaper reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk
- A source told the publication that Simpson had written to President Obama begging to be pardoned because of his health
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 11:01 EST, 2 January 2014 | UPDATED: 12:54 EST, 2 January 2014
O.J. Simpson is receiving tests for brain cancer and is begging President Barack Obama for a pardon so he can die in peace at home, according to a new report.
The jailed former football legend, who is serving out a kidnapping, assault and robbery sentence in a Nevada prison, is undergoing secret medical exams for a cancerous tumor in his brain and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, The National Enquirer reports.
The publication reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk and brain cancer would certainly add to his health woes.
Tests: O.J. Simpson, pictured at a court hearing in May, is receiving tests for brain cancer and is begging President Barack Obama for a pardon so he can die in peace at home, according to The National Enquirer
'O.J. says his memory is slipping and he gets painful headaches and other symptoms,' a source told The Enquirer, listing blurry vision, occasional stuttering and hearing problems as other concerns. He also at times feels confused and has unusual bursts of anger and fits of depression.
put off the doctors for weeks after he first started experiencing the
symptoms because he was afraid of what they would find,' the source said.
'Now the prison docs are telling him they believe he has a brain tumor. They plan to run a series of tests on him, MRIs and CT scans.'
The Enquirer reports that Simpson has finally agreed to the tests and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, telling a friend, 'I feel the end coming. But I don't want to die in prison like common jailhouse scum.'
The publication reports he has even begged President Obama for a pardon so he can die comfortably at home.
Diabetes? The newspaper reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk
Simpson is eligible for parole, he has to serve another four year of
his 33 year sentence at the Lovelock Correctional Center.
The Enquirer reports Simpson tried to lose weight by sticking to a strict diet and exercise plan after a diabetes-related health scare a few months ago, but it was a struggle.
'He began suffering dizzy spells, nausea, lapses in memory and headaches - and the frightening symptoms continue to get worse,' the source is quoted as saying.
The article claims Simpson, in a last ditch attempt for freedom, wrote to the
President and said 'Mr President, I know my life is coming to an end.
Please, don't let me die in prison.'
In July, The Enquirer reported Simpson had just months to live as a result of his extreme case of diabetes and unhealthy lifestyle behind bars.
combination of 'sky high' blood pressure, a vastly expanding waistline
and a lack of physical activity had doctors concerned about his health,
the magazine reported at the time.
Court: Simpson was convicted of a slew of charges on October 3, 2008 - the 13th anniversary of the day he was controversially acquitted of killing his ex-wife Nicole brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman
Simpson's lawyer Ozzie Fumo told MailOnline that he has not heard anything about his clients poor health.
'As far as I know his health is very good, he was doing just fine,' Fumo said. 'I spent a lot of time with him preparing for the retrial motion and he never once mentioned diabetes.
'We discussed health issues, we had meals together, and he seemed fine.'
first warning signs came during a court hearing in May when the former
running-back looked much heavier than he ever had before.
In the July story, The Enquirer claimed Simpson weighed 300 pounds and prison doctors encouraged him to exercise and eat more healthily to combat the high blood pressure and diabetes.
He had developed a habit of passing the days by laying in bed in his prison cell and only getting up to get sugar-filled snacks, it reported.
doctors have told him he could be dead in as little as three months
because of his out-of-control blood sugar and blood pressure,' an
unidentified prison friend told The Enquirer in the summer.
In healthier days: In this October 3, 1995 photo, O.J. Simpson, center, appears in far better health as he reacts to being cleared of murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman
'But OJ doesn't care. He knows he's never going to get out of prison, so he refuses to take care of himself.'
The 33-years he faces following a 2008 robbery are not helping motivate Simpson, as he is now making plans for his death.
allegedly confessed to murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her
friend Ron Goldman in 1994 and told a prison friend that he will write a
confession letter that will be sent- and then publicly shared- after he
Fumo countered this claim, saying that in his months of interactions with Simpson he has 'never once disparaged the Goldmans'.
'In his mind, they're creditors along with his children Sydney and Justin,' Fumo said.
The friends cited by The Enquirer said the double slaying came in a moment of rage that he regrets to this day because he still loves Nicole.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
- Lesbian police chief Crystal Moore is fired by new mayor Earl Bullard who was caught saying he'd rather have an alcoholic near his child than a gay couple
- Mother 'overdosed and smothered' her wheelchair-bound daughter, 12, suffering from rare genetic disorder before ending her own life in murder-suicide
- Anderson Cooper will NOT inherit any of his mother's Vanderbilt millions when she dies
- Tattoos and talons: Inside the world of Japan's Bosozoku gang girls where the women are just as bad ass as the men
- Six-month pregnant journalist taken to hospital for treatment after pro-Kremlin political leader ordered his aides to 'violently rape her' during press conference when she asked about sanctions against Ukraine
- No air pockets found on key floors of sunken South Korean ferry
- Chicago eye surgeon 'recorded patients with hidden video camera in ladies restroom'
- Man leaves bartender $1,000 tip for dog’s surgery
- Southern Charm finale introduces Thomas Ravenel and Kathryn Dennis' baby girl
- Adam Pearson hopes to beat prejudice after Under The Skin
- Heartbreaking farewell video Maddie Yates, 16, posted to YouTube before suicide
- Found in a suburban garden in Hampshire... the chilling 300-year-old skeletal remains from Napoleon's army
- Couple used hidden cameras to catch their own NANNY stealing their jewellery
- Drivers claim Colorado license plate led to pot suspicion
- Depressed panda is given a plasma TV screen in a bid to cheer her up
- Auto-motorcycle crash closes Highway 2 in Commerce City
- Husband and wife, both police officers in Chicago, dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Utah mom Megan Huntsman has bail set to $6m after 'admitting' to killing 6 babies
- Monty Python farewell show will be shown in movie theaters worldwide
- Parrot put on Prozac after being left in garage for three years for repeating name of owner's dead wife
- Al Roker's bicep needed to be reattached after rotator cuff surgery
- Two non-gypsy men reveal why they are marrying Romany sisters
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- BREAKING NEWS: 16-year-old boy survives UNHARMED after flying from California to Hawaii in the wheel-well
- Duke and Duchess learn to DJ: William and Kate hit the decks in Adelaide as they visit suburb named after the Queen
- 'Sizzurp' cough syrup used by Justin Bieber and Lil' Wayne has been pulled off the market amid manufacturer fears it's being abused as a drug
- Dane Witherspoon, soap opera star, dies at 56
- Parasitic diarrhea-causing amoeba kills human cells 'like a piranha'
- Montana inmate dies at Colorado prison
- Google Glass wearing doctors in Boston save patients life using controversial device specially adapted for hospitals
- Dellan Millard accused of murdering and burning married father last year now suspected as SERIAL KILLER after police link him to slayings of his own father and girlfriend
- Spanish town to change its name because it contains the phrase 'Jew Killer'....which is local slang for drinking lemonade
- Car thief is forced to pull over and release an infant and a pair of seven year old twin boys after they beat the driver with a toy snake until he let them go
- NASA astronauts claim the 'only thing preventing a city-killer asteroid is luck'
- Terry Richardson faces fresh harassment claims as British model alleges 'he offered her a Vogue photo-shoot in exchange for SEX'
- Sean Studler, 17, dragged by train and killed 'was wearing headphones'
- Wife murdered by NYPD cop husband Kevin Canty 'for having an affair'
- Tech CEO Gurbaksh Chahal filmed brutally attacking girlfriend gets community service
- Trace Adkins' wife sets the scene for a bitter divorce with restraining order - as he's linked with curvacious blonde co-star
- Peaches Geldof found dead at home
- Rise of the robots: Humans will compete with droids for jobs by 2040, study claims
- Obama only ate HALF of the pricey dinner at the 'world's best sushi restaurant'
- Crucifix built for John Paul II collapses and crushes man to death
- Shocking images show Syrian thief blindfolded and CRUCIFIED by terrorist group linked to a British suicide bomber
- Captain America beats up the competition at the box office for third straight weekend while Johnny Depp disappoints again
- Vinay Pochampally 'groped sleeping woman's breast for FIVE MINUTES' on British Airways flight from London to San Francisco
- Bear attack in Florida raises questions
- South Korean sinking ship: Two found dead as rescuers try to save 325 terrified high school students
- 3 men face felony charges, accused of selling illegal pot edibles