O.J. Simpson 'is undergoing tests for BRAIN CANCER'
- The jailed former football legend is undergoing secret medical exams for a cancerous tumor in his brain and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, The National Enquirer reports
- Simpson, 66, is serving out a 33-year kidnapping, assault and robbery sentence in a Nevada prison
- The newspaper reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk
- A source told the publication that Simpson had written to President Obama begging to be pardoned because of his health
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 11:01 EST, 2 January 2014 | UPDATED: 12:54 EST, 2 January 2014
O.J. Simpson is receiving tests for brain cancer and is begging President Barack Obama for a pardon so he can die in peace at home, according to a new report.
The jailed former football legend, who is serving out a kidnapping, assault and robbery sentence in a Nevada prison, is undergoing secret medical exams for a cancerous tumor in his brain and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, The National Enquirer reports.
The publication reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk and brain cancer would certainly add to his health woes.
Tests: O.J. Simpson, pictured at a court hearing in May, is receiving tests for brain cancer and is begging President Barack Obama for a pardon so he can die in peace at home, according to The National Enquirer
'O.J. says his memory is slipping and he gets painful headaches and other symptoms,' a source told The Enquirer, listing blurry vision, occasional stuttering and hearing problems as other concerns. He also at times feels confused and has unusual bursts of anger and fits of depression.
put off the doctors for weeks after he first started experiencing the
symptoms because he was afraid of what they would find,' the source said.
'Now the prison docs are telling him they believe he has a brain tumor. They plan to run a series of tests on him, MRIs and CT scans.'
The Enquirer reports that Simpson has finally agreed to the tests and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, telling a friend, 'I feel the end coming. But I don't want to die in prison like common jailhouse scum.'
The publication reports he has even begged President Obama for a pardon so he can die comfortably at home.
Diabetes? The newspaper reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk
Simpson is eligible for parole, he has to serve another four year of
his 33 year sentence at the Lovelock Correctional Center.
The Enquirer reports Simpson tried to lose weight by sticking to a strict diet and exercise plan after a diabetes-related health scare a few months ago, but it was a struggle.
'He began suffering dizzy spells, nausea, lapses in memory and headaches - and the frightening symptoms continue to get worse,' the source is quoted as saying.
The article claims Simpson, in a last ditch attempt for freedom, wrote to the
President and said 'Mr President, I know my life is coming to an end.
Please, don't let me die in prison.'
In July, The Enquirer reported Simpson had just months to live as a result of his extreme case of diabetes and unhealthy lifestyle behind bars.
combination of 'sky high' blood pressure, a vastly expanding waistline
and a lack of physical activity had doctors concerned about his health,
the magazine reported at the time.
Court: Simpson was convicted of a slew of charges on October 3, 2008 - the 13th anniversary of the day he was controversially acquitted of killing his ex-wife Nicole brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman
Simpson's lawyer Ozzie Fumo told MailOnline that he has not heard anything about his clients poor health.
'As far as I know his health is very good, he was doing just fine,' Fumo said. 'I spent a lot of time with him preparing for the retrial motion and he never once mentioned diabetes.
'We discussed health issues, we had meals together, and he seemed fine.'
first warning signs came during a court hearing in May when the former
running-back looked much heavier than he ever had before.
In the July story, The Enquirer claimed Simpson weighed 300 pounds and prison doctors encouraged him to exercise and eat more healthily to combat the high blood pressure and diabetes.
He had developed a habit of passing the days by laying in bed in his prison cell and only getting up to get sugar-filled snacks, it reported.
doctors have told him he could be dead in as little as three months
because of his out-of-control blood sugar and blood pressure,' an
unidentified prison friend told The Enquirer in the summer.
In healthier days: In this October 3, 1995 photo, O.J. Simpson, center, appears in far better health as he reacts to being cleared of murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman
'But OJ doesn't care. He knows he's never going to get out of prison, so he refuses to take care of himself.'
The 33-years he faces following a 2008 robbery are not helping motivate Simpson, as he is now making plans for his death.
allegedly confessed to murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her
friend Ron Goldman in 1994 and told a prison friend that he will write a
confession letter that will be sent- and then publicly shared- after he
Fumo countered this claim, saying that in his months of interactions with Simpson he has 'never once disparaged the Goldmans'.
'In his mind, they're creditors along with his children Sydney and Justin,' Fumo said.
The friends cited by The Enquirer said the double slaying came in a moment of rage that he regrets to this day because he still loves Nicole.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Colorado NewsGet the latest Colorado news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Colorado Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
Reporter Josina Anderson spent several minutes on Tuesday discussing whether Michael Sam was showering with other St. Louis Rams playersThe network said it 'collectively failed ...
- 'I have to get on stage': Stripper who ditched 10-year-old daughter at BBQ hangs up on cop trying to find the missing girl and goes back to work
- 'World's tallest man' Leonid Stadnyk laid to rest in coffin taken by truck
- Hey Dumbo, did you ever see an elephant fly? Curious elephant calf is spent spinning through the air after picking a mismatched fight
- Boy, 15, breaks both legs after dropping 30 feet from a zip line he tried to slide down with a t-shirt
- Noiva do Cordeiro has made an appeal for bachelors
- Miss Universe and Miss USA help Donald Trump for Ice Bucket Challenge
- Cops on hunt for cab driver who tried to sexually assault 26-year-old woman in front of her three kids, yanking one child from the car and shoving another on to the sidewalk
- Revelers dry off as perfect weather is forecast in Nevada for the rest of the week after massive thunderstorms delay opening of Burning Man
- Woman butchered heavily pregnant mother-to-be with a kitchen knife and then tried to remove her baby from the womb before admitting everything to police in chilling confession
- Man, 63, opens fire at New Jersey hospital, killing his wife and wounding himself... and police found a body at his house
- Fears for 16-year-old girl who disappeared walking home from a friend's house
- Surfer who died after being pulled unconscious from water off Malibu during Hurricane Marie is identified
- Dog stays by grave of owner for weeks after Indian teen killed in car crash
- Pregnant woman drives kids into ocean in Florida
- Twin brother of Army Sgt mother-of-one who shot herself dead at Fort Lee claims suicide 'came out of nowhere'
- Apple iWatch set to be revealed on September 9th alongside iPhone 6
- Officials let mystery illuminated american flag stay in Idaho park treetop because they have no idea how to get it down (or how it got there)
- Ashlee Simpson celebrates fiance Evan Ross' birthday with his mother Diana Ross
- Drunk tractor driver decapitates three people in head-on crash
- Video messaging service verifies Michael Brown shooting video
- Military pilot was killed in Virginia F-15 crash
- Mom won't be charged in school confrontation
- Homer Simpson takes the ice bucket challenge and nominates Flanders and Donald Trump
- Yazidi women held in Islamic State prison raped and sold off for as little as $25
- Two women arrested for beating to death artist, 65, 'with brass knuckles' as he waited for a metro while running errands
- Burning Man's debauchery in the desert
- Watch David Lynch play trumpet for ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Alec Baldwin easily catches stray tennis ball at U.S. Open
- Boy crushed by chimney in California earthquake with his mother unable to get to him to help
- Russian troops threaten to shoot Ukrainian soldiers in tense stand-off
- Gun girls of America: Innocent faces. Pink rifles. After that horrific shooting by a 9-year-old, children in grip of a nation's troubling obsession
- ANOTHER passenger angered by reclined seat removed from plane just days after in-flight brawl sparked by controversial Knee Defender
- Can pomegranate halt Alzheimer's? Chemical compound in the fruit prevents inflammation of the brain cells
- Steeper, faster, taller, and longer! Six Flags Magic Mountain unveils video of new and improved Colossus roller coaster
- EXCLUSIVE: Miley Cyrus's homeless VMAs date Jesse turns himself in after being sought by police for violating his probation
- Adult film industry shuts down AGAIN after another porn performer tests positive for HIV
- Inside the mind of an American jihadist: Florida man turned Syria suicide bomber believed the FBI was on his tail when he fled the US
- Former director of Breckenridge Film Festival Dawna Foxx given 5 years for embezzling $300K
- Terms of Service
- I turned my dead husband into a diamond: The bizarre trend for making keepsakes from a loved one's ashes
- Legroom rage: Why a gadget that stops plane seats tilting back is starting fights on airliners
- Islamic State, ISIS or ISIL: Why it doesn't matter what you call the brutal al-Qaeda offshoot which now boasts more than 80,000 jihadists
- Horrific moment hovering TV news helicopter blew plastic off dead body and exposed it on live broadcast
- Jaycee Dugard's biological father claims she has still not contacted him FIVE years to the day of her dramatic rescue
- Mark David Chapman sorry for being 'an idiot' but is denied freedom for the eighth time
- The mother who's proud to parade naked in front of her 13-year-old son
- Sharon Tate's sister speaks out about her brutal murder by the Manson family
- Sting charges fans £200 a day to pick grapes and olives at his Tuscan estate