O.J. Simpson 'is undergoing tests for BRAIN CANCER'
- The jailed former football legend is undergoing secret medical exams for a cancerous tumor in his brain and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, The National Enquirer reports
- Simpson, 66, is serving out a 33-year kidnapping, assault and robbery sentence in a Nevada prison
- The newspaper reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk
- A source told the publication that Simpson had written to President Obama begging to be pardoned because of his health
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 11:01 EST, 2 January 2014 | UPDATED: 12:54 EST, 2 January 2014
O.J. Simpson is receiving tests for brain cancer and is begging President Barack Obama for a pardon so he can die in peace at home, according to a new report.
The jailed former football legend, who is serving out a kidnapping, assault and robbery sentence in a Nevada prison, is undergoing secret medical exams for a cancerous tumor in his brain and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, The National Enquirer reports.
The publication reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk and brain cancer would certainly add to his health woes.
Tests: O.J. Simpson, pictured at a court hearing in May, is receiving tests for brain cancer and is begging President Barack Obama for a pardon so he can die in peace at home, according to The National Enquirer
'O.J. says his memory is slipping and he gets painful headaches and other symptoms,' a source told The Enquirer, listing blurry vision, occasional stuttering and hearing problems as other concerns. He also at times feels confused and has unusual bursts of anger and fits of depression.
put off the doctors for weeks after he first started experiencing the
symptoms because he was afraid of what they would find,' the source said.
'Now the prison docs are telling him they believe he has a brain tumor. They plan to run a series of tests on him, MRIs and CT scans.'
The Enquirer reports that Simpson has finally agreed to the tests and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, telling a friend, 'I feel the end coming. But I don't want to die in prison like common jailhouse scum.'
The publication reports he has even begged President Obama for a pardon so he can die comfortably at home.
Diabetes? The newspaper reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk
Simpson is eligible for parole, he has to serve another four year of
his 33 year sentence at the Lovelock Correctional Center.
The Enquirer reports Simpson tried to lose weight by sticking to a strict diet and exercise plan after a diabetes-related health scare a few months ago, but it was a struggle.
'He began suffering dizzy spells, nausea, lapses in memory and headaches - and the frightening symptoms continue to get worse,' the source is quoted as saying.
The article claims Simpson, in a last ditch attempt for freedom, wrote to the
President and said 'Mr President, I know my life is coming to an end.
Please, don't let me die in prison.'
In July, The Enquirer reported Simpson had just months to live as a result of his extreme case of diabetes and unhealthy lifestyle behind bars.
combination of 'sky high' blood pressure, a vastly expanding waistline
and a lack of physical activity had doctors concerned about his health,
the magazine reported at the time.
Court: Simpson was convicted of a slew of charges on October 3, 2008 - the 13th anniversary of the day he was controversially acquitted of killing his ex-wife Nicole brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman
Simpson's lawyer Ozzie Fumo told MailOnline that he has not heard anything about his clients poor health.
'As far as I know his health is very good, he was doing just fine,' Fumo said. 'I spent a lot of time with him preparing for the retrial motion and he never once mentioned diabetes.
'We discussed health issues, we had meals together, and he seemed fine.'
first warning signs came during a court hearing in May when the former
running-back looked much heavier than he ever had before.
In the July story, The Enquirer claimed Simpson weighed 300 pounds and prison doctors encouraged him to exercise and eat more healthily to combat the high blood pressure and diabetes.
He had developed a habit of passing the days by laying in bed in his prison cell and only getting up to get sugar-filled snacks, it reported.
doctors have told him he could be dead in as little as three months
because of his out-of-control blood sugar and blood pressure,' an
unidentified prison friend told The Enquirer in the summer.
In healthier days: In this October 3, 1995 photo, O.J. Simpson, center, appears in far better health as he reacts to being cleared of murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman
'But OJ doesn't care. He knows he's never going to get out of prison, so he refuses to take care of himself.'
The 33-years he faces following a 2008 robbery are not helping motivate Simpson, as he is now making plans for his death.
allegedly confessed to murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her
friend Ron Goldman in 1994 and told a prison friend that he will write a
confession letter that will be sent- and then publicly shared- after he
Fumo countered this claim, saying that in his months of interactions with Simpson he has 'never once disparaged the Goldmans'.
'In his mind, they're creditors along with his children Sydney and Justin,' Fumo said.
The friends cited by The Enquirer said the double slaying came in a moment of rage that he regrets to this day because he still loves Nicole.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
- Massive mayfly swarm that emerged along Mississippi was so huge it lit up weather radar, caused traffic collisions and blacked out the sun
- Hall of Fame pitcher Goose Gossage helps print money at Denver Mint
- Parents who lost three children on MH17 flight tell of agony
- Scientists discover the new black: British researchers devise material so dark it looks like a black hole
- Expert describes effect of missile hit on MH17
- Peaches Geldof found dead at home
- Airbnb squatters refusing to leave apartment complain THEY'RE being harassed
- Meet the seven women of Bravo's 'Ladies of London' whose drinking, cat fighting, royal name dropping and even labor scenes are coming to TV
- 'Basically, I was against all white people.' Hoops superstar Michael Jordan admitted he turned racist when a girl at school called him a 'n****r,' new book reveals
- Mekayla Diehl claims 'That Miss USA bikini did NOT fit me well!'
- Toronto coder Lyndsay Kirkham live-tweets 'IBM executives sexist remarks'
- Tearful Leno says goodbye after 22 years as Obama and host of stars pay tribute on his final show
- Sheriff's office mystery account raises questions
- 'My son saved his attacker's life': Father who pounded admitted child molester into a 'bloody puddle' claims son stopped him from stabbing admitted pedophile to death
- Goldman Sachs managing director Nicholas Valtz, 39, found dead after kiteboarding outing
- Two-legged stray dog gives birth to four puppies in China (and their legs are all in order!)
- Germany's WAGs invade pitch after World Cup win and carry on partying all night
- Igor Girkin says 'MH17 bodies aren't fresh' as he claims corpses had been 'dead for days'
- Homeless woman who fell asleep in parking space dies after being run over by driver who didn't see her
- Science teacher's nude selfies sent to hundreds of people including students 'after his work email was hacked'
- Jimi Hendrix' former girlfriend slams upcoming biopic of the rock and roll star that includes scenes of brutal domestic violence as 'completely made up'
- Philip Chism 'recorded video of rape and murder of his teacher Colleen Ritzer on his cell phone'
- Miracle baby of Pan Am Flight 759 who survived when jetliner crashed into her house in 1982 speaks out after tragedy's 32nd anniversary
- Miss Colorado Teen Runner-Up Kristy Althaus 'stripped of title' after it emerges she starred in porn film
- Dad pranks children and drenches them with giant water balloon
- Adios England: Agony and despair as Uruguay's 2-1 victory destroys virtually any hope of going through to the next stage of World Cup
- So poignant, lost children of Flight MH17: Smiling happily in family snapshots, some of the innocent victims of the tragedy
- Shakira releases video for World Cup song 'La La La (Brazil 2014)'
- The trail of death: Moment surface-to-air missile was fired at MH17, blowing plane apart in mid-air and killing 298 people
- Katie Cleary's husband Andrew Stern filed for divorce just weeks ago before killing himself at shooting range
- Planned Parenthood counselor 'intentionally misclassified rape by a teen sexual predator as consensual to avoid the hassle of reporting it'
- One Direction's luxury homes are a world away from the modest houses they grew up in
- 'Narcissistic loony toon': What Hillary Clinton REALLY thought of Monica Lewinsky revealed in new secret papers - and she moaned about 'whiney women'
- Sudanese Meriam Ibrahim, facing execution for marrying Christian, gives birth in jail
- Despair in Miami: Heat fans mourn the loss of 'King James' to his 'home' in Cleveland by vandalizing mural featuring LeBron's face that took two years to create
- MH17 eyewitness accounts emerge of the horror that unfolded at crash site
- 'Does every princess NEED a prince?' Hilarious parody of Disney's Frozen sees Elsa inject the film with 'girl power'
- Family of boxer Magomed Abdusalamov sue for $100m
- Fraternity and sorority at McDaniel College spark outrage after organizing 'racist' 'CMT vs BET' party
- Did Miguel Panduwinata predict the MH17 plane crash?
- Israel and Gaza rockets captured from the ISS in space
- El Paso County assessor faces new accusation
- Cincinatti Bengals cheerleaders banned from wearing underwear on their lower half but require full support up top
- WATCH: Police officer seen shoving man multiple times at Coors Field
- Is he a fraud? U.S. marines confront 'fake sergeant major' after military funeral in Florida
- Frank Lampard's drunken mockery after 9/11 still haunts him as he prepares for NYC transfer
- Snapchat releases location-aware 'stickers' for popular locations
- Hickenlooper concerned about relocating Central American refugees to Colorado
- British lawyer killed on MH17 along with his wife and three sons: Final UK victims named as John Allen and Andrew Hoare
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Pregnant woman drives kids into ocean in Florida
- Spoiled teen takes parents to court
- Cornell Robinson, Devery Kelley accused of robbing pregnant woman in labor in Maryland
- Father needed hospital treatment for three inch gash in his head after being attacked by his neighbour's cat because it hated his Hugo Boss AFTERSHAVE
- Mormon missionary from Utah run over and killed in Sweden
- Business student 'posed on online dating sites as a high-flying engineer and architect to dupe love-struck women from around the world out of £186,000'
- Children undergo traditional 'lucky haircuts' in China (but don't seem happy about it!)
- And the Oscar goes to Samsung, Twitter AND Apple: How Ellen's backstage iPhone antics took the gloss off the now famous A-list selfie retweet taken on rival Galaxy smartphone
- Pictured: The men who stole the car of woman in labor at gunpoint
- Unseasonably warm weather set to make 1,000-mile Iditarod race even MORE grueling as mushers set off