O.J. Simpson 'is undergoing tests for BRAIN CANCER'
- The jailed former football legend is undergoing secret medical exams for a cancerous tumor in his brain and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, The National Enquirer reports
- Simpson, 66, is serving out a 33-year kidnapping, assault and robbery sentence in a Nevada prison
- The newspaper reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk
- A source told the publication that Simpson had written to President Obama begging to be pardoned because of his health
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 11:01 EST, 2 January 2014 | UPDATED: 12:54 EST, 2 January 2014
O.J. Simpson is receiving tests for brain cancer and is begging President Barack Obama for a pardon so he can die in peace at home, according to a new report.
The jailed former football legend, who is serving out a kidnapping, assault and robbery sentence in a Nevada prison, is undergoing secret medical exams for a cancerous tumor in his brain and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, The National Enquirer reports.
The publication reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk and brain cancer would certainly add to his health woes.
Tests: O.J. Simpson, pictured at a court hearing in May, is receiving tests for brain cancer and is begging President Barack Obama for a pardon so he can die in peace at home, according to The National Enquirer
'O.J. says his memory is slipping and he gets painful headaches and other symptoms,' a source told The Enquirer, listing blurry vision, occasional stuttering and hearing problems as other concerns. He also at times feels confused and has unusual bursts of anger and fits of depression.
put off the doctors for weeks after he first started experiencing the
symptoms because he was afraid of what they would find,' the source said.
'Now the prison docs are telling him they believe he has a brain tumor. They plan to run a series of tests on him, MRIs and CT scans.'
The Enquirer reports that Simpson has finally agreed to the tests and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, telling a friend, 'I feel the end coming. But I don't want to die in prison like common jailhouse scum.'
The publication reports he has even begged President Obama for a pardon so he can die comfortably at home.
Diabetes? The newspaper reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk
Simpson is eligible for parole, he has to serve another four year of
his 33 year sentence at the Lovelock Correctional Center.
The Enquirer reports Simpson tried to lose weight by sticking to a strict diet and exercise plan after a diabetes-related health scare a few months ago, but it was a struggle.
'He began suffering dizzy spells, nausea, lapses in memory and headaches - and the frightening symptoms continue to get worse,' the source is quoted as saying.
The article claims Simpson, in a last ditch attempt for freedom, wrote to the
President and said 'Mr President, I know my life is coming to an end.
Please, don't let me die in prison.'
In July, The Enquirer reported Simpson had just months to live as a result of his extreme case of diabetes and unhealthy lifestyle behind bars.
combination of 'sky high' blood pressure, a vastly expanding waistline
and a lack of physical activity had doctors concerned about his health,
the magazine reported at the time.
Court: Simpson was convicted of a slew of charges on October 3, 2008 - the 13th anniversary of the day he was controversially acquitted of killing his ex-wife Nicole brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman
Simpson's lawyer Ozzie Fumo told MailOnline that he has not heard anything about his clients poor health.
'As far as I know his health is very good, he was doing just fine,' Fumo said. 'I spent a lot of time with him preparing for the retrial motion and he never once mentioned diabetes.
'We discussed health issues, we had meals together, and he seemed fine.'
first warning signs came during a court hearing in May when the former
running-back looked much heavier than he ever had before.
In the July story, The Enquirer claimed Simpson weighed 300 pounds and prison doctors encouraged him to exercise and eat more healthily to combat the high blood pressure and diabetes.
He had developed a habit of passing the days by laying in bed in his prison cell and only getting up to get sugar-filled snacks, it reported.
doctors have told him he could be dead in as little as three months
because of his out-of-control blood sugar and blood pressure,' an
unidentified prison friend told The Enquirer in the summer.
In healthier days: In this October 3, 1995 photo, O.J. Simpson, center, appears in far better health as he reacts to being cleared of murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman
'But OJ doesn't care. He knows he's never going to get out of prison, so he refuses to take care of himself.'
The 33-years he faces following a 2008 robbery are not helping motivate Simpson, as he is now making plans for his death.
allegedly confessed to murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her
friend Ron Goldman in 1994 and told a prison friend that he will write a
confession letter that will be sent- and then publicly shared- after he
Fumo countered this claim, saying that in his months of interactions with Simpson he has 'never once disparaged the Goldmans'.
'In his mind, they're creditors along with his children Sydney and Justin,' Fumo said.
The friends cited by The Enquirer said the double slaying came in a moment of rage that he regrets to this day because he still loves Nicole.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Colorado NewsGet the latest Colorado news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Colorado Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
Bioengineering graduate, 25, dies of an apparent drug overdose after being found unconscious at the apartment of a 46-year-old New York hotel developer
Sean Verdi was found passed out in a bathtub at the apartment of New York hotelier Ian Reisner, 46The 25-year-old from Brooklyn was rushed to ...
- Woman, 24, featured in viral catcalling video now receiving RAPE threats from online commenters
- ISIS brutality as 30 Sunni men are paraded through Iraqi town before being shot dead
- How real-life Wolf of Wall Street went on 'Las Vegas drug fest with hookers, cuddled his toddler after bad ketamine trip and snorted heroin and cocaine via NASAL spray': Wife at center of foursome divorce details her husband's debauchery
- Police chief WON'T stop defiant Ebola nurse Kaci Hickox breaking her quarantine
- Colorado high school sweethearts killed in murder-suicide
- My $7m-a-year investment banker husband forced me to have sex with drug firm boss in foursome at the Ritz after cocaine binge, claims his wife
- Meet the woman who was blind from the age of 11... but got her sight back when she hit her head on a COFFEE TABLE
- Texas executes ex-gang member for deaths of 3
- Mama June's child molester 'boyfriend' spotted with mystery woman as reality star puts on a united front on shopping trip with ex Sugar Bear and daughter Honey Boo Boo
- Knee injury to sideline Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan 6-8 weeks
- Pizza deliveryman, 20, 'strangled and stabbed to death his roommate and then had sex with her dead body' before driving to a barbershop for a haircut'
- First competitor defeated by Old Stage Grill's new 4lb bacon cheeseburger and 2lbs worth of fries
- JetBlue passenger flying in from Jamaica arrested for hiding cocaine in her privates
- BREAKING NEWS: RAF jets 'intercepting Latvian cargo plane' cause huge sonic boom over Kent
- Republican candidate under fire over island that 'vanished' from popular lake overlooked by his multi-million dollar home
- Buddhist temple leader and young monk still in comas after one shot the other in the head with a nail gun before turning the weapon on himself
- Spoiled teen takes parents to court
- Oprah Winfrey tells Lindsay Lohan to ‘cut the bull****’ in trailer for new reality show Lindsay
- Couple stole little girl's iPod in Aurora
- Former director of Breckenridge Film Festival Dawna Foxx given 5 years for embezzling $300K
- Sweet victory! San Francisco Giants WIN the World Series after beating the Kansas City Royals 3-2 in Game 7
- Honey Boo Boo's Anna 'Chickadee' Cardwell sobs over Mama June
- Drunk tractor driver decapitates three people in head-on crash
- Forbes rich list names world’s youngest billionaires
- Pregnant woman drives kids into ocean in Florida
- Clayton Real drank himself to death at party as four fraternity members are charged
- Kid Rock fan gets the surprise of a lifetime when the singer turns up at his birthday party
- Denver Man Michael McGinley threatened to kill wife in phone call at DA’s office
- From the sublime to the ridiculous: While one driver slots his car straight into a space the same size, another smashes into neighbouring vehicle 15 TIMES trying to reverse out of a parking bay
- Woman dropped dog named Chloe off at the vet and returned to find her pug's eye had been removed in surgery WITHOUT her consent
- Kim Kardashian denied access to Vanity Fair party
- Boxer vows to fight on – after 51st defeat in row
- Obama administration plans to rush non-Americans into the US for Ebola treatment
- Meet Mr Biscuits, the miracle kitten that survived a horrific car journey stuck in a scorching hot engine for TWO hours
- Thirty-six Corvettes that belonged to artist Peter Max to be restored
- PIERS MORGAN: Selfless Ebola Nurse Kaci is actually utterly selfish. Three weeks in quarantine won't kill her and it might just save someone's life
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West fans imitate the fashion icons by posting nearly identical outfit pictures on blog
- Actress becomes EIGHTH woman to make sexual abuse claims against fired CBC host Jian Ghomeshi as it's revealed he 'would turn his teddy to face the wall during violent sex'
- Frontier Airlines plane's wing gets stuck in fence at Chicago O'Hare airport
- What your PERSONALITY says about your health: Being hardworking and curious protects against disease - but anxious and moody people suffer more ill health
- Ellen DeGeneres denies canceling charity appearance over fight
- Video shows violent clash between Moscow Spartak and Dynamo Moscow football fans
- Russian troops threaten to shoot Ukrainian soldiers in tense stand-off
- Friend of Boston bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of lying to FBI and now faces up to eight years behind bars
- Marriott Hotels UK come up with the 'perfect' hotel room
- Dozens of guests at NAACP banquet fall ill after dining on salmon and salad in San Francisco hotel
- Bucket list cancer sufferer, 29, who planned to end her life this Saturday after visiting Grand Canyon has now changed her mind... at least for the time being
- Woman sprays chemist staff with BREAST MILK in bizarre distraction theft