O.J. Simpson 'is undergoing tests for BRAIN CANCER'
- The jailed former football legend is undergoing secret medical exams for a cancerous tumor in his brain and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, The National Enquirer reports
- Simpson, 66, is serving out a 33-year kidnapping, assault and robbery sentence in a Nevada prison
- The newspaper reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk
- A source told the publication that Simpson had written to President Obama begging to be pardoned because of his health
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 11:01 EST, 2 January 2014 | UPDATED: 12:54 EST, 2 January 2014
O.J. Simpson is receiving tests for brain cancer and is begging President Barack Obama for a pardon so he can die in peace at home, according to a new report.
The jailed former football legend, who is serving out a kidnapping, assault and robbery sentence in a Nevada prison, is undergoing secret medical exams for a cancerous tumor in his brain and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, The National Enquirer reports.
The publication reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk and brain cancer would certainly add to his health woes.
Tests: O.J. Simpson, pictured at a court hearing in May, is receiving tests for brain cancer and is begging President Barack Obama for a pardon so he can die in peace at home, according to The National Enquirer
'O.J. says his memory is slipping and he gets painful headaches and other symptoms,' a source told The Enquirer, listing blurry vision, occasional stuttering and hearing problems as other concerns. He also at times feels confused and has unusual bursts of anger and fits of depression.
put off the doctors for weeks after he first started experiencing the
symptoms because he was afraid of what they would find,' the source said.
'Now the prison docs are telling him they believe he has a brain tumor. They plan to run a series of tests on him, MRIs and CT scans.'
The Enquirer reports that Simpson has finally agreed to the tests and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, telling a friend, 'I feel the end coming. But I don't want to die in prison like common jailhouse scum.'
The publication reports he has even begged President Obama for a pardon so he can die comfortably at home.
Diabetes? The newspaper reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk
Simpson is eligible for parole, he has to serve another four year of
his 33 year sentence at the Lovelock Correctional Center.
The Enquirer reports Simpson tried to lose weight by sticking to a strict diet and exercise plan after a diabetes-related health scare a few months ago, but it was a struggle.
'He began suffering dizzy spells, nausea, lapses in memory and headaches - and the frightening symptoms continue to get worse,' the source is quoted as saying.
The article claims Simpson, in a last ditch attempt for freedom, wrote to the
President and said 'Mr President, I know my life is coming to an end.
Please, don't let me die in prison.'
In July, The Enquirer reported Simpson had just months to live as a result of his extreme case of diabetes and unhealthy lifestyle behind bars.
combination of 'sky high' blood pressure, a vastly expanding waistline
and a lack of physical activity had doctors concerned about his health,
the magazine reported at the time.
Court: Simpson was convicted of a slew of charges on October 3, 2008 - the 13th anniversary of the day he was controversially acquitted of killing his ex-wife Nicole brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman
Simpson's lawyer Ozzie Fumo told MailOnline that he has not heard anything about his clients poor health.
'As far as I know his health is very good, he was doing just fine,' Fumo said. 'I spent a lot of time with him preparing for the retrial motion and he never once mentioned diabetes.
'We discussed health issues, we had meals together, and he seemed fine.'
first warning signs came during a court hearing in May when the former
running-back looked much heavier than he ever had before.
In the July story, The Enquirer claimed Simpson weighed 300 pounds and prison doctors encouraged him to exercise and eat more healthily to combat the high blood pressure and diabetes.
He had developed a habit of passing the days by laying in bed in his prison cell and only getting up to get sugar-filled snacks, it reported.
doctors have told him he could be dead in as little as three months
because of his out-of-control blood sugar and blood pressure,' an
unidentified prison friend told The Enquirer in the summer.
In healthier days: In this October 3, 1995 photo, O.J. Simpson, center, appears in far better health as he reacts to being cleared of murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman
'But OJ doesn't care. He knows he's never going to get out of prison, so he refuses to take care of himself.'
The 33-years he faces following a 2008 robbery are not helping motivate Simpson, as he is now making plans for his death.
allegedly confessed to murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her
friend Ron Goldman in 1994 and told a prison friend that he will write a
confession letter that will be sent- and then publicly shared- after he
Fumo countered this claim, saying that in his months of interactions with Simpson he has 'never once disparaged the Goldmans'.
'In his mind, they're creditors along with his children Sydney and Justin,' Fumo said.
The friends cited by The Enquirer said the double slaying came in a moment of rage that he regrets to this day because he still loves Nicole.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
- Man sentenced for second sexual exploitation of a child charge
- Why are the cellphones of missing Malaysian Airlines passengers still ringing? Family members claim that loved ones smartphones are still active
- The strange life of Richard Parker, the 'mail bomber' accused of killing in-laws
- Who's afraid of the big dead wolf? Children react as animal is DISSECTED, days after country's zoo was criticised for killing a giraffe
- Adorable baby dresses up as all your favorite TV characters
- Father calls 911 for help after enraged cat attacks baby then bails whole family - including DOG - up in bedroom
- 'Whatever you do don't get the McCafe!' Fast food workers reveal the foods you should never order
- Google Glass has new rival with fashionable Icis smart specs
- Black pastors demand Eric Holder's IMPEACHMENT after gay marriage speech
- NEW INFO: Mystery Malaysia flight may have been hundreds of miles off course
- Mayim Bialik defends public breastfeeding
- Terror fears over missing 777 grow: Identities of ANOTHER two passengers probed as suspicion falls on four who booked with Chinese airline
- Joanna Dennehy: Laughing serial killer jailed for life
- Young blonde says missing Malaysia Airlines pilot invited her and her friend to ride in the cockpit with him for entire flight in 2011
- The sickening smile of the teen accused of the 'satanic ritual murder' of a 15-year-old girl who was kidnapped, raped and then bashed to death with the lid of a toilet
- Samsung launches new smart watch, Gear 2, powered by Tizen
- Twin sisters Lucy and Anna DeCinque pay £130k to make them look more similar
- Missing Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 plane collided with another plane 2 years ago
- Steve Irwin's cameraman Justin Lyons reveals his final words
- Naked ambition: Hundreds of skinny dippers attempt world record for the largest nude ocean swim on Sydney beach
- Kim Kardashian denied access to Vanity Fair party
- Police: Woman used stolen credit card to withdraw $8,500
- DNA testing could reveal identity of Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa
- Potholes causing havoc on Speer Boulevard
- Michael Rockefeller WAS eaten by cannibals who kept his bones as souvenirs, claims Carl Hoffman who says his years of research proves that the Dutch covered up 1961 murder in New Guinea
- Ferrari parked in London square gouged by lorry tailgate
- Homeowner releases video of realtors having sex '10 TIMES' in his property
- Trial begins for man, 51, 'who killed his sister and brother-in-law 26 years ago because he was worried she would reveal they had sex as teenagers'
- Ellen Degeneres prompts mixed reviews as Oscars 2014 host
- Explosion at VA Hospital construction site rocks Aurora neighborhood
- Drugs, orgies and sex with teachers: The racy tell-all Twitter feed run by Northwest high school students
- Three-year-old boy makes compelling argument for cupcakes for dinner
- Protesters discover treasures at Viktor Yanukovych's home
- Pshonka's palace a treasure trove of total opulence: Journalists and protestors enter his estate to find extravaganza of luxury
- Cayden Taipalus, 8, pays off all his classmates' overdue lunch bills in 'Pay It Forward' campaign
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends after 95 rounds
- Family of 21-year-old who was strangled and raped while six-months' pregnant campaign to overturn law that let her killer avoid murder charge because he was drunk
- Texas boys confess to classmate's murder after police catch them hiding body
- Does final call to married 'lover' hold key to missing girl's disappearance? Man, 38, said to be romantically linked to Heather, 20, admits he spoke to her on night she vanished as he and wife are charged for obstructing justice
- Reunited: Descendants of 12 Years a Slave man Solomon Northup
- Community leaders demand changes in use of force policy at Denver Jail
- Jasmine Joseph missing as parents reveal she hadn't been to college since last May
- Coroner IDs school bus driver killed in crash on US 285
- Police: Selfie could show Loveland burglary suspect
- Fast food employees accuse Moschino of 'mocking' minimum wage earners
- Couple accused of killing Nancy Pfister in court for first tine
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Nuggets’ Ty Lawson signs with PETA’s anti-fur campaign
- Oscar Pistorius might not have KILLED his girlfriend deliberately
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Pregnant woman drives kids into ocean in Florida
- Spoiled teen takes parents to court
- Cornell Robinson, Devery Kelley accused of robbing pregnant woman in labor in Maryland
- Father needed hospital treatment for three inch gash in his head after being attacked by his neighbour's cat because it hated his Hugo Boss AFTERSHAVE
- Mormon missionary from Utah run over and killed in Sweden
- Business student 'posed on online dating sites as a high-flying engineer and architect to dupe love-struck women from around the world out of £186,000'
- Children undergo traditional 'lucky haircuts' in China (but don't seem happy about it!)
- And the Oscar goes to Samsung, Twitter AND Apple: How Ellen's backstage iPhone antics took the gloss off the now famous A-list selfie retweet taken on rival Galaxy smartphone
- Pictured: The men who stole the car of woman in labor at gunpoint
- Unseasonably warm weather set to make 1,000-mile Iditarod race even MORE grueling as mushers set off