O.J. Simpson 'is undergoing tests for BRAIN CANCER'
- The jailed former football legend is undergoing secret medical exams for a cancerous tumor in his brain and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, The National Enquirer reports
- Simpson, 66, is serving out a 33-year kidnapping, assault and robbery sentence in a Nevada prison
- The newspaper reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk
- A source told the publication that Simpson had written to President Obama begging to be pardoned because of his health
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 11:01 EST, 2 January 2014 | UPDATED: 12:54 EST, 2 January 2014
O.J. Simpson is receiving tests for brain cancer and is begging President Barack Obama for a pardon so he can die in peace at home, according to a new report.
The jailed former football legend, who is serving out a kidnapping, assault and robbery sentence in a Nevada prison, is undergoing secret medical exams for a cancerous tumor in his brain and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, The National Enquirer reports.
The publication reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk and brain cancer would certainly add to his health woes.
Tests: O.J. Simpson, pictured at a court hearing in May, is receiving tests for brain cancer and is begging President Barack Obama for a pardon so he can die in peace at home, according to The National Enquirer
'O.J. says his memory is slipping and he gets painful headaches and other symptoms,' a source told The Enquirer, listing blurry vision, occasional stuttering and hearing problems as other concerns. He also at times feels confused and has unusual bursts of anger and fits of depression.
put off the doctors for weeks after he first started experiencing the
symptoms because he was afraid of what they would find,' the source said.
'Now the prison docs are telling him they believe he has a brain tumor. They plan to run a series of tests on him, MRIs and CT scans.'
The Enquirer reports that Simpson has finally agreed to the tests and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, telling a friend, 'I feel the end coming. But I don't want to die in prison like common jailhouse scum.'
The publication reports he has even begged President Obama for a pardon so he can die comfortably at home.
Diabetes? The newspaper reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk
Simpson is eligible for parole, he has to serve another four year of
his 33 year sentence at the Lovelock Correctional Center.
The Enquirer reports Simpson tried to lose weight by sticking to a strict diet and exercise plan after a diabetes-related health scare a few months ago, but it was a struggle.
'He began suffering dizzy spells, nausea, lapses in memory and headaches - and the frightening symptoms continue to get worse,' the source is quoted as saying.
The article claims Simpson, in a last ditch attempt for freedom, wrote to the
President and said 'Mr President, I know my life is coming to an end.
Please, don't let me die in prison.'
In July, The Enquirer reported Simpson had just months to live as a result of his extreme case of diabetes and unhealthy lifestyle behind bars.
combination of 'sky high' blood pressure, a vastly expanding waistline
and a lack of physical activity had doctors concerned about his health,
the magazine reported at the time.
Court: Simpson was convicted of a slew of charges on October 3, 2008 - the 13th anniversary of the day he was controversially acquitted of killing his ex-wife Nicole brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman
Simpson's lawyer Ozzie Fumo told MailOnline that he has not heard anything about his clients poor health.
'As far as I know his health is very good, he was doing just fine,' Fumo said. 'I spent a lot of time with him preparing for the retrial motion and he never once mentioned diabetes.
'We discussed health issues, we had meals together, and he seemed fine.'
first warning signs came during a court hearing in May when the former
running-back looked much heavier than he ever had before.
In the July story, The Enquirer claimed Simpson weighed 300 pounds and prison doctors encouraged him to exercise and eat more healthily to combat the high blood pressure and diabetes.
He had developed a habit of passing the days by laying in bed in his prison cell and only getting up to get sugar-filled snacks, it reported.
doctors have told him he could be dead in as little as three months
because of his out-of-control blood sugar and blood pressure,' an
unidentified prison friend told The Enquirer in the summer.
In healthier days: In this October 3, 1995 photo, O.J. Simpson, center, appears in far better health as he reacts to being cleared of murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman
'But OJ doesn't care. He knows he's never going to get out of prison, so he refuses to take care of himself.'
The 33-years he faces following a 2008 robbery are not helping motivate Simpson, as he is now making plans for his death.
allegedly confessed to murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her
friend Ron Goldman in 1994 and told a prison friend that he will write a
confession letter that will be sent- and then publicly shared- after he
Fumo countered this claim, saying that in his months of interactions with Simpson he has 'never once disparaged the Goldmans'.
'In his mind, they're creditors along with his children Sydney and Justin,' Fumo said.
The friends cited by The Enquirer said the double slaying came in a moment of rage that he regrets to this day because he still loves Nicole.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
- Auto-motorcycle crash closes Highway 2 in Commerce City
- DEA announces Pueblo County meth trafficking ring bust
- Couple show off adorable twin cubs they adopted
- Fire safety the Chinese way! Kids are set alight under blankets in school to learn about the dangerous of burning flames
- Emaciated Argentine girl, 15, rescued from garage where she was locked up FOR 12 YEARS with a monkey and a dog
- Canadian tourist visiting Peru revealed to be guy kicked in head by train conductor
- Teen, 18, caught on home surveillance looming over baby boy in crib as parents slept facing burglary charges
- High school student asks MISS AMERICA to the PROM and administration gives him 3-DAY SUSPENSION as a result
- $73million tax evasion, Middle East money-laundering and a 35,000-year-old mystic warrior: How a Romanian couple 'brought a local winery to the brink of collapse after joining an alleged cult'
- BLM backs down in dispute over Nevada rancher’s cattle
- North Carolina girl, 3, loses part of both legs in lawn mower accident
- Flower girl, 4, who took her first steps - thanks to a harness attached to her dad
- 'Guess who ain't sleeping tonight': Terrified residents react to a creepy CLOWN that's been waving at drivers across Staten Island
- Teen, 14, who arrived at school in bloodied clothes, charged with the murder of his 76-year-old grandmother
- Microsoft honors the placid landscape that is the Windows XP default computer background as it says goodbye to XP support after 13 years
- Construction worker fined after not paying for 89 cent drink refill
- Search for Austrian teens Samra Kesinovic and Sabina Selimovic 'in Syria fighting for Islamic rebels'
- Meath priest's rendition of Hallelujah at wedding becomes internet hit
- Scientists develop 'Star Trek' scanner that can detect cancer, HIV and other killer diseases in minutes
- Taye Diggs dating model Amanza Smith Brown
- 'What's wrong with Wyatt?' Parents try to crowd source a diagnosis for baby boy who can't open his mouth after doctors are left baffled by his condition
- 'A slap in the face': US officials 'extremely troubled' by Iran's next UN ambassador who took part in the Tehran hostage crisis
- Lesbian police chief Crystal Moore is fired by new mayor Earl Bullard who was caught saying he'd rather have an alcoholic near his child than a gay couple
- Texas state champion wrestler Dammion Heard found dead 'in apparent suicide'
- Pope Francis warns Christians Satan is trying to tempt you
- Boy asks his date Caitlyn Metzker to the prom in the form of a VERY convincing college rejection letter
- Delta flight isolated in remote area at DIA following security threat
- Major meth trafficking bust in Pueblo
- How can Chanel charge £2,100 for a bag a child can make for £7?
- Seattle sewage plant offers FLUSHING brides a $2,000 weddings deal
- 'Perhaps there are some unconventional ways to lure me away from my company (besides stock options): The incredibly sexist email a man headhunted by female CEO sent, hinting he'd only join her company in exchange for sexual favors
- ‘Kitchen Nightmares’ visits Old Neighborhood restaurant in Arvada
- 911 dispatcher suspended following murder of mother in Denver
- Woman who killed lover with stiletto shoe takes the stand for first time as she tries to avoid life in prison
- Dutch teen is ARRESTED in Rotterdam after tweeting 'joke' bomb threat to American Airlines
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Is THIS the Loch Ness Monster? Apple's Maps satellite image may have found Nessie
- 'I was hearing voices': Teen recently released from jail shots the mother of his child in the head as their infant son sits
- 'Pull up your pants or be proud to be a f@%': Southern store owner posts sign with a homophobic slur to deter customers from wearing baggy pants
- Former KKK members speak out to reveal even THEY thought Kansas 'shooter' Frazier Glenn Cross was a 'loose cannon'
- Royal couple are mobbed on Manly beach as they meet lifeguards
- Female teacher, 44, arrested for allegedly having sex with her 16-year-old student 'in a remote location 10 miles away from the school'
- Charlie Chaplin accused of being a communist
- Blogger petitions against YSL's use of 'malnourished' models in ads
- Beekeeper dies in agony 10 minutes after suffering bee sting... after it turns out he was ALLERGIC
- Drunk tractor driver decapitates three people in head-on crash
- The Duchess wears an L.K. Bennett dress as she and Wills leave Sydney
- Gladys the baby orphaned gorilla takes part in her first Easter egg hunt at Cincinnati Zoo
- 'America's royal baby': Chelsea's baby could give Hillary Clinton a boost in the polls if she runs for president commentators claim