O.J. Simpson 'is undergoing tests for BRAIN CANCER'
- The jailed former football legend is undergoing secret medical exams for a cancerous tumor in his brain and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, The National Enquirer reports
- Simpson, 66, is serving out a 33-year kidnapping, assault and robbery sentence in a Nevada prison
- The newspaper reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk
- A source told the publication that Simpson had written to President Obama begging to be pardoned because of his health
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 11:01 EST, 2 January 2014 | UPDATED: 12:54 EST, 2 January 2014
O.J. Simpson is receiving tests for brain cancer and is begging President Barack Obama for a pardon so he can die in peace at home, according to a new report.
The jailed former football legend, who is serving out a kidnapping, assault and robbery sentence in a Nevada prison, is undergoing secret medical exams for a cancerous tumor in his brain and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, The National Enquirer reports.
The publication reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk and brain cancer would certainly add to his health woes.
Tests: O.J. Simpson, pictured at a court hearing in May, is receiving tests for brain cancer and is begging President Barack Obama for a pardon so he can die in peace at home, according to The National Enquirer
'O.J. says his memory is slipping and he gets painful headaches and other symptoms,' a source told The Enquirer, listing blurry vision, occasional stuttering and hearing problems as other concerns. He also at times feels confused and has unusual bursts of anger and fits of depression.
put off the doctors for weeks after he first started experiencing the
symptoms because he was afraid of what they would find,' the source said.
'Now the prison docs are telling him they believe he has a brain tumor. They plan to run a series of tests on him, MRIs and CT scans.'
The Enquirer reports that Simpson has finally agreed to the tests and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, telling a friend, 'I feel the end coming. But I don't want to die in prison like common jailhouse scum.'
The publication reports he has even begged President Obama for a pardon so he can die comfortably at home.
Diabetes? The newspaper reported just months ago that the 66-year-old had such an extreme case of diabetes that his life was at risk
Simpson is eligible for parole, he has to serve another four year of
his 33 year sentence at the Lovelock Correctional Center.
The Enquirer reports Simpson tried to lose weight by sticking to a strict diet and exercise plan after a diabetes-related health scare a few months ago, but it was a struggle.
'He began suffering dizzy spells, nausea, lapses in memory and headaches - and the frightening symptoms continue to get worse,' the source is quoted as saying.
The article claims Simpson, in a last ditch attempt for freedom, wrote to the
President and said 'Mr President, I know my life is coming to an end.
Please, don't let me die in prison.'
In July, The Enquirer reported Simpson had just months to live as a result of his extreme case of diabetes and unhealthy lifestyle behind bars.
combination of 'sky high' blood pressure, a vastly expanding waistline
and a lack of physical activity had doctors concerned about his health,
the magazine reported at the time.
Court: Simpson was convicted of a slew of charges on October 3, 2008 - the 13th anniversary of the day he was controversially acquitted of killing his ex-wife Nicole brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman
Simpson's lawyer Ozzie Fumo told MailOnline that he has not heard anything about his clients poor health.
'As far as I know his health is very good, he was doing just fine,' Fumo said. 'I spent a lot of time with him preparing for the retrial motion and he never once mentioned diabetes.
'We discussed health issues, we had meals together, and he seemed fine.'
first warning signs came during a court hearing in May when the former
running-back looked much heavier than he ever had before.
In the July story, The Enquirer claimed Simpson weighed 300 pounds and prison doctors encouraged him to exercise and eat more healthily to combat the high blood pressure and diabetes.
He had developed a habit of passing the days by laying in bed in his prison cell and only getting up to get sugar-filled snacks, it reported.
doctors have told him he could be dead in as little as three months
because of his out-of-control blood sugar and blood pressure,' an
unidentified prison friend told The Enquirer in the summer.
In healthier days: In this October 3, 1995 photo, O.J. Simpson, center, appears in far better health as he reacts to being cleared of murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman
'But OJ doesn't care. He knows he's never going to get out of prison, so he refuses to take care of himself.'
The 33-years he faces following a 2008 robbery are not helping motivate Simpson, as he is now making plans for his death.
allegedly confessed to murdering his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her
friend Ron Goldman in 1994 and told a prison friend that he will write a
confession letter that will be sent- and then publicly shared- after he
Fumo countered this claim, saying that in his months of interactions with Simpson he has 'never once disparaged the Goldmans'.
'In his mind, they're creditors along with his children Sydney and Justin,' Fumo said.
The friends cited by The Enquirer said the double slaying came in a moment of rage that he regrets to this day because he still loves Nicole.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Colorado NewsGet the latest Colorado news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Colorado Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
Brother and sister of Jennifer Laude allegedly murdered by US soldier storm Philippine military base
U.S. Marine Pfc. Joseph Scott Pemberton accused of killing Jennifer LaudeLaude, 26, was found strangled at a hotel in Olongapo City, Philippines Pemberton, 19, has now ...
- Kristen Stewart to take a break from acting
- Thief who stole a $4 packet of cigarettes is smoked out after police in Florida use patrol units, dogs and even their helicopter to catch the teenager tearaway
- Kim Kardashian denied access to Vanity Fair party
- 'Follow the footseps of our barve brother': ISIS supporters have taken to Twitter to call for more attacks on Canada...though more than 130 youths have already left Canada to join the terror group
- Palestinian kills baby at Jerusalem station
- Chewbacca and Where's Wally break up Mr Incredible and Batgirl brawl in LA video
- Why one Aurora victim's boyfriend proposed with a heartrending trailer in a movie theater two years after she was shot during Batman screening
- 'You are so loved': Lawyer who was with Corporal Nathan Cirillo in his final moments describes the support and aide he received from complete strangers desperate to save his life
- Honey Boo Boo shock claim that Mama June's now adult daughter was victim of child molester
- Spoiled teen takes parents to court
- Couple stole little girl's iPod in Aurora
- Soldier who shot and killed his 19-year-old wife with the AR-15 she kept for her protection over 'fury that another man had brought her liquor' is charged with murder
- Police and protesters clash in Ferguson after autopsy report is leaked showing how Michael Brown was shot by police six times at close range
- Canadian sergeant-at-arms, 58, hailed a hero after shooting dead terrorist Zehaf-Bibeau in what was his first exchange of gunfire in 30-year career
- Oldest complete human genome sequenced: DNA of 45,000-year-old man who roamed Siberia unravelled - and it sheds light on when we stopped interbreeding with Neanderthals
- Instead of ice, this fridge dispenses candies
- Emma Stone explains why she kept ruining 'Birdman'
- Svetlana Krivsun blamed for flight that killed Total CEO Christophe de Margerie
- Is this the moment gunman flees War Memorial after shooting dead Canadian soldier before storming Parliament where he was killed in a gun fight with guards?
- Brad Silbering, 'Jane The Virgin,' director inks overall deal with CBS studios
- Inside China's top secret nuclear bunker built under a mountain
- Disney's Frozen T-shirt shows Elsa 'encouraging children to swear' say parents
- Melissa Rivers to inherit $100M in cash and assets from Joan Rivers
- 'But I paid so much money!': Woman drugged after wisdom teeth surgery is devastated that she hasn't woken up looking like Nicki Minaj... and isn't friends with Ellen DeGeneres
- Russian troops threaten to shoot Ukrainian soldiers in tense stand-off
- Drunk tractor driver decapitates three people in head-on crash
- Forbes rich list names world’s youngest billionaires
- Pregnant woman drives kids into ocean in Florida
- Oprah Winfrey tells Lindsay Lohan to ‘cut the bull****’ in trailer for new reality show Lindsay
- Denver Man Michael McGinley threatened to kill wife in phone call at DA’s office
- Former director of Breckenridge Film Festival Dawna Foxx given 5 years for embezzling $300K
- Knee injury to sideline Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan 6-8 weeks
- O Canada! Pittsburgh fans sing Canadian national anthem at NHL game as show of support after Ottawa terrorist attack
- Researchers say breathing toxic air in the first two years of life linked to autism
- Solar storms result in sunspot as big as EARTH
- Ariana Grande turned to Kabbalah over gay brother
- 'A magnificent iceberg with twelve glass sails': Paris welcomes spectacular Gehry-designed Louis Vuitton art museum that was 13 years in the making
- Google takes its driverless car on a tour of its California campus
- A daily wine or beer is good for your memory and better than being teetoal
- 4,000-year-old Phaistos Disk 'stores' a spiral-shaped prayer to a mother, expert claims
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg speaks fluent Mandarin at Beijing event
- Gay man invited robber to his London house after meeting him on Grindr
- The changing face of Renee Zellweger
- Could you last the night in McKamey Manor HORROR HOUSE? Nobody has yet
- Pot smoker texts probation officer 'You have some weed?' and is sentenced to prison
- Pakistan to bring in anti-cannibalism law after brothers dug up corpses for curry
- New York Ebola doctor's fiancee and TWO friends quarantined amid fears he gave them deadly virus: Potential victims in isolation - and there could be more after medic spent SEVEN days riding the subway, bowling and traveling in Uber taxis
- Mama June comes out on video to defend herself amid child molester scandal after Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is axed by TLC
'Follow the footseps of our barve brother': ISIS supporters have taken to Twitter to call for more attacks on Canada...though more than 130 youths have already left Canada to join the terror group (0)