Armed thugs invade Georgia home and steal Christmas presents
- Jordan Davis told police that armed thugs broke into her house shortly after her husband left the home
- Davis says the men stole her autistic daughter's medication and communication equipment
- Davis says the thugs grabbed her 6-year-old daughter by the hair and kicked her ribs
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 10:31 EST, 12 December 2013 | UPDATED: 13:54 EST, 12 December 2013
A Georgia woman told police that she and her autistic daughter were the victims of a group of thugs who broke into their home on Wednesday night, attacked the 6-year-old girl and made off with all of the family's Christmas presents.
According to the mother, Jordan Davis, the gang of masked men broke into her home by smashing through a dining room window with a cinder block about 7 pm -- just after her husband left to make a trip to the store.
According to Davis, she and 6-year-old Jade, who also suffers from epilepsy, were in an upstairs bedroom when the men stormed into their DeKalb County home.
The Grinch: Davis says armed intruders stole all of her family's Christmas presents, as well as medication for her daughter (File Photo)
'I heard a crash, and then I heard a boom, boom, boom, boom, boom,' Davis told WSBTV. 'It was the intruders coming up the stairs.'
As the men ransacked the house, Davis says her daughter - who is unable to speak - 'was of course crying.'
Davis said that at least one of the men had a gun and another had a knife during the attack, and that they forced her and the girl into a closet as they looked for valuables.
At one point, Davis said, one of the intruders kicked the young, disabled girl in the side and then 'picked her up by her hair and held a gun to her right temple and told me to give them everything I have or he would kill her,' Davis said. 'It was real scary for everybody.'
Smash and grab: Davis says the armed men used a cinder block to smash through a window
The armed thieves rummaged through the girl's room looking for valuables, Davis said. Some of the items taken include clothes, the girl's seizure medication and medical equipment the girl uses to communicate.
Then, Davis said, they stole the family's Christmas presents and fled.
'They just stole Christmas from us,' Davis told Channel 2. 'It’s sad.'
Jade suffered bruised ribs in the attack. The girls was examined at a local hospital and released Thursday.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Colorado NewsGet the latest Colorado news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Colorado Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
Reporter Josina Anderson spent several minutes on Tuesday discussing whether Michael Sam was showering with other St. Louis Rams playersThe network said it 'collectively failed ...
- Inside the mind of an American jihadist: Florida man turned Syria suicide bomber believed the FBI was on his tail when he fled the US
- 'World's tallest man' Leonid Stadnyk laid to rest in coffin taken by truck
- Twin brother of Army Sgt mother-of-one who shot herself dead at Fort Lee claims suicide 'came out of nowhere'
- Little girl swears while doing the ice bucket challenge
- Dog stays by grave of owner for weeks after Indian teen killed in car crash
- I turned my dead husband into a diamond: The bizarre trend for making keepsakes from a loved one's ashes
- Horrific moment hovering TV news helicopter blew plastic off dead body and exposed it on live broadcast
- Deputy prosecutor 'exchanged 1300 texts and a photo of herself in a bikini with inmate who has CRIMINAL tattooed on his forehead'
- 'I know people who can put a bomb on you': Boston Marathon bombing suspect's sister arrested 'for threatening to BLOW UP her boyfriend's ex in Manhattan'
- Ebola nurse 'caught disease from a baby'
- Knee injury to sideline Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan 6-8 weeks
- Pregnant woman drives kids into ocean in Florida
- Former child model who claims he was sexually abused by X-Men director Bryan Singer drops lawsuit
- Public executions are weekly ritual in ISIS-controlled parts of Syria
- Kim Kardashian denied access to Vanity Fair party
- Forbes rich list names world’s youngest billionaires
- Deputy who killed former Napster COO after drifting into the bike lane while distracted by his laptop will NOT face charges because he was answering a work-related email
- Driver, 39, admits to deliberately crashing his rare $1 million Bugatti into a swamp to claim $2.2 million insurance
- Burning Man's debauchery in the desert
- The mother who's proud to parade naked in front of her 13-year-old son
- Spoiled teen takes parents to court
- WAT team raid gamer Jordan Mathewson's room... and it's captured live on webcam
- The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge celebrity family tree: How the viral charity movement started with a golfer in Florida and quickly spread around Hollywood and the world
- 'I'll put a round in your a** so quick': Florida police chief defends cop who threatened to shoot young black man because he filmed his partner throwing him on the ground
- Revelers dry off as perfect weather is forecast in Nevada for the rest of the week after massive thunderstorms delay opening of Burning Man
- Sanrio shocker! Company reveals Hello Kitty is not actually a cat
- Denver Man Michael McGinley threatened to kill wife in phone call at DA’s office
- Drunk tractor driver decapitates three people in head-on crash
- Former director of Breckenridge Film Festival Dawna Foxx given 5 years for embezzling $300K
- Legroom rage: Why a gadget that stops plane seats tilting back is starting fights on airliners
- Sharon Tate's sister speaks out about her brutal murder by the Manson family
- Dutch Vogue model Roosmarijn de Kok, 19, accused of shoplifting chocolate bars and fish oil from Whole Foods - but she insists she forgot they were in her bag and tried to give them back before leaving the store
- Russian troops threaten to shoot Ukrainian soldiers in tense stand-off
- Crew member of reality show 'Cops' shot dead by Omaha police in friendly-fire incident while filming armed robbery
- Islamic State, ISIS or ISIL: Why it doesn't matter what you call the brutal al-Qaeda offshoot which now boasts more than 80,000 jihadists
- USC football star Josh Shaw suspended after admiting he lied about spraining ankles while saving nephew from drowning
- Boxer vows to fight on – after 51st defeat in row
- Couple stole little girl's iPod in Aurora
- Man, 63, opens fire at New Jersey hospital, killing his wife and wounding himself... and police found a body at his house
- Des Hague caught on camera repeatedly kicking his friend's puppy
- Russian hackers attacked US financial system stealing gigabytes of data
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Sadie Robertson to join 'DWTS'
- Officials let mystery illuminated american flag stay in Idaho park treetop because they have no idea how to get it down (or how it got there)
- Sleeping in a dark room, comfort burping and developing a sleep pattern for your baby are just some of the 6 MYTHS busted by top GP and infant expert about caring for newborns
- Father arrested for child endangerment after leaving four-year-old daughter asleep in boiling-hot car as he shopped
- Action Movie Kid 2 - The Video Game: Viral sensation superhero 3-year-old returns with the help of Dreamworks animator dad
- British backpacker Jack Davies found dead on tropical paradise island
- Terms of Service