Armed thugs invade Georgia home and steal Christmas presents
- Jordan Davis told police that armed thugs broke into her house shortly after her husband left the home
- Davis says the men stole her autistic daughter's medication and communication equipment
- Davis says the thugs grabbed her 6-year-old daughter by the hair and kicked her ribs
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 10:31 EST, 12 December 2013 | UPDATED: 13:54 EST, 12 December 2013
A Georgia woman told police that she and her autistic daughter were the victims of a group of thugs who broke into their home on Wednesday night, attacked the 6-year-old girl and made off with all of the family's Christmas presents.
According to the mother, Jordan Davis, the gang of masked men broke into her home by smashing through a dining room window with a cinder block about 7 pm -- just after her husband left to make a trip to the store.
According to Davis, she and 6-year-old Jade, who also suffers from epilepsy, were in an upstairs bedroom when the men stormed into their DeKalb County home.
The Grinch: Davis says armed intruders stole all of her family's Christmas presents, as well as medication for her daughter (File Photo)
'I heard a crash, and then I heard a boom, boom, boom, boom, boom,' Davis told WSBTV. 'It was the intruders coming up the stairs.'
As the men ransacked the house, Davis says her daughter - who is unable to speak - 'was of course crying.'
Davis said that at least one of the men had a gun and another had a knife during the attack, and that they forced her and the girl into a closet as they looked for valuables.
At one point, Davis said, one of the intruders kicked the young, disabled girl in the side and then 'picked her up by her hair and held a gun to her right temple and told me to give them everything I have or he would kill her,' Davis said. 'It was real scary for everybody.'
Smash and grab: Davis says the armed men used a cinder block to smash through a window
The armed thieves rummaged through the girl's room looking for valuables, Davis said. Some of the items taken include clothes, the girl's seizure medication and medical equipment the girl uses to communicate.
Then, Davis said, they stole the family's Christmas presents and fled.
'They just stole Christmas from us,' Davis told Channel 2. 'It’s sad.'
Jade suffered bruised ribs in the attack. The girls was examined at a local hospital and released Thursday.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Colorado NewsGet the latest Colorado news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Colorado Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
Surfer's worst nightmare: Drone footage captures a massive shark circling paddle boarders in the water as it chases school of fish
Footage was shot at Killcare Beach on the NSW Central Coast on FridayDrone pilot Tom Caska captured the moment a great white started following a ...
- Monks arrested for smoking crystal meth in their sacred pagoda
- Newborn baby has 12cm 'tail' - that was his twin brother - removed from his back
- Randy Travis makes rare public appearance after stroke
- Oh BAII BYY! Russian woman outdoes Arab playboys by parking her crystal-encrusted Mercedes outside Knightsbridge hotel
- Thousands descend on Wall Street to protest big business's role in climate change - leading activists getting arrested and pepper-sprayed
- Kim Kardashian denied access to Vanity Fair party
- Cyclist whose 'speeding' crash with woman resulted in her death breaks his silence and calls the incident 'an unavoidable accident' as police continue to investigate
- 'You can overcome obstacles with love and determination': Paralyzed woman fulfills lifelong dream of walking down the aisle on her wedding day
- Drunk tractor driver decapitates three people in head-on crash
- Spoiled teen takes parents to court
- Couple stole little girl's iPod in Aurora
- Boxer vows to fight on – after 51st defeat in row
- Neighbours' fury at the Facebook fortress: Residents claim construction on Mark Zuckerberg's $10million San Francisco home has been causing constant noise and taking up parking spaces for 17 months
- Adulterous husband finally admits killing his wife six years after dumping her partially-naked body in a drainage ditch before telling police she had just never returned from a jog
- Kris and Bruce Jenner divorcing
- Forbes rich list names world’s youngest billionaires
- Denver Man Michael McGinley threatened to kill wife in phone call at DA’s office
- Knee injury to sideline Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan 6-8 weeks
- Jasmine Tridevil adds third breast in bid to become reality TV star
- Wanted poster for Hannah Graham suspect is issued
- Iraq vet, 42, 'who stormed the White House had more than 800 rounds of ammunition, a machete and two hatchets stashed in his car'
- Map reveals the most-Googled brands in every state
- Oprah Winfrey tells Lindsay Lohan to ‘cut the bull****’ in trailer for new reality show Lindsay
- Former director of Breckenridge Film Festival Dawna Foxx given 5 years for embezzling $300K
- They cost $399, are said to be the best in the world, and are selling at record numbers - but they still shatter if you drop them: Video shows how easy it is to smash an iPhone 6
- 'World's sexiest criminal' Stéphanie Boudoin charged with 114 COUNTS
- British Islamic State recruits routinely rape hostages as young as NINE says whistleblower
- 'Not very entertaining, clever or original': How test audiences almost put and end to Friends even before the comedy got off the ground
- Alaska news reporter who resigned live on air over reveals her one-woman campaign to legalize marijuana in 'Why I quit' video
- Baltimore Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti says he would rehire disgraced football star Ray Rice 'down the line'
- Nude photo leak victim Hope Solo to play for US despite domestic violence case
- Russian troops threaten to shoot Ukrainian soldiers in tense stand-off
- Man suffering from 'ice bucket challenge' disease is 'mocked' by Germany's top folk singer over condition
- Newly-crowned Miss America was kicked out of her sorority last year for hazing recruits to the point of BRUISING
- Washington Redskins fan calls the police to claim Daily Show producers set them up for ridicule in encounter with Native Americans
- Man shot dead by officers after towing yard dispute had been deaf since childhood and couldn't understand them, says grieving son
- Now that's an eyesore! Man has tattoo on his EYEBALL to darken it after childhood accident left it white and cloudy
- 'Drunk' man mauled to death by white tiger at New Delhi Zoo after leaping into enclosure
- California surfer Chad Wells snaps heart-shaped wave
- Climate change protesters who marched through Manhattan are branded hypocrites for leaving litter strewn across the city
- 'She's simply my work colleague': Girlfriend of doctor 'poisoned' by mistress in fatal attraction love triangle tells court how he denied affair and she began copying their every move
- Angela Radtke smashed stranger's windshield to pull baby boy from hot car
- Pizza Hut delivery man involved in accident so Portland police deliver for him
- Pregnant woman drives kids into ocean in Florida
- 'Annabelle Forest' was forced to sleep with 1,800 men by age 18 in Satanic sex cult
- Multi-millionaire was so happy his wife survived cancer he gave away his entire £16million fortune to help other patients but then she left him because she was so fed up
- Apollos Hesters' motivational speech could teach NFL stars a thing or two
- Forget Tinder, Cuddlr app matches people who want 'no-pressure intimacy'