Emylee Lonczak: Body of student, 16, found dead in affluent suburb two days after she disappeared
By Rachel Quigley
PUBLISHED: 12:45 EST, 27 August 2013 | UPDATED: 12:45 EST, 27 August 2013
The body of Emylee Lonczak was found in shrubbery between two homes on Madrillon Estates Drive in Vienna on Friday morning
An investigation is underway after a 16-year-old student's body was found between two houses on Friday morning, two days after she ran away from home.
Emylee Lonczak was reported missing on Wednesday from her home in an affluent area of McLean, Virginia.
On Friday her body was found in shrubbery between two million-dollar homes in Vienna - an area which is usually void of crime.
Police said they were acting on a tip that she might be there.
They found her body near a pipe stem, hidden by bushes between two fences four miles from her home, NBC reports.
Fairfax County Police are not releasing many details surrounding the death, but said they do not believe anyone else in the community is in danger.
McLean High School principal Ellen Reilly sent a letter to parents about the death of Lonczak on Monday, describing her as a 'cherished student'.
'It is with great sadness that I must inform you that one of our students died unexpectedly Friday.
'Emylee Lonczak was a rising 11th grader at our school. She was a cherished student who will be greatly missed by all who knew her,' the letter said.
Police are releasing few details about Emylee's death and the circumstances surrounding it. They would only say that her cause of death was 'criminal in nature'.
McLean High School principal Ellen Reilly sent a letter to parents about the death of Emylee on Monday, calling her a 'cherished student'
Police found her body in this area of Vienna near a pipe stem, hidden by bushes between two houses, after they were tipped off to her whereabouts
Bud Walker, of Fairfax County police, said: 'I can certainly understand why people should be concerned. What I can say is that everything that is involved in this case has been identified by the police.
'There are no outstanding people, there are no outstanding items, there is no outstanding information. People in that neighborhood can rest assured that nothing from this case is a threat to them or their children.'
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Kathleen Magowan estate: The secret millionaire twins who lived modestly but were sitting on a gold mine
Kathleen and Robert Magowan died within a year of each other after years living as near recluses in their modest Simsbury, Connecticut homeThroughout their lives, ...
- Kai the 'hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' who 'beat lawyer to death' is rushed to hospital with self-inflicted wounds after suicide attempt in jail
- Tech Gift Ideas: Chromecast, Push2TV & Boogie Board Jot
- 'Plastic-looking' CGI characters could soon look more human as researchers unveil high-definition facial scanner to capture every skin cell and wrinkle
- How to board the metro Venezuelan style
- Paul Walker's girlfriend Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell makes emotional visit to his family's home
- Paul Walker: How eight year-old son of Paul Walker's friend tried to save pair from fiery crash as last image of Fast & Furious star getting into doomed Porsche GT emerges
- Nice day for a height wedding: World's tallest man finds love with woman 2ft 7in shorter than him
- Cuddling a teddy bear can ease existential angst and cure fear of dying says new study
- Two men arrested following Oklahoma mass shooting
- First picture of Bethany Freeman, fatally crushed by tree, as St Jude storm death toll rises
- Surviving the Holiday Office Party
- New York residents kept awake by eerie howling from new One World Trade Centre
- Paul Walker's best friend and ex Aubrianna Atwell 'devastated' by death
- North Korean prison camp officials 'raped women and killed them to keep it secret'
- Whistleblower in alleged newborn calves animal abuse case arrested
- Dinovember's toy dinosaurs 'come to life' when creative parents spark web craze
- Chris Lane shooting: teens who killed Australian student influenced by ultra-violent rapper Chief Keef
- NSA tracks locations of 5 BILLION cellphones everyday overseas
- Denver area teens donating $9K for disaster relief
- Brazil's biggest drug cartel promises a 'World Cup of terror' as violent demonstrations take over the streets
- Stacy London reflects on 10 years of 'What Not to Wear'
- Horrifying assault goes viral after Sharkeisha sucker-punches victim
- Steve Jobs roommate Daniel Kottke tells truth behind Chrisann Brennan relationship
- First US Krokodil drug case recorded by doctors in St. Louis
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- De Blasio picks former former New York police commissioner William Bratton to lead his kinder gentler NYPD
- Idaho elementary school bus crash leaves 1 child dead in Kuna
- How Russian tour guide spent months at Pyramid ghost town near North Pole
- The pre-nup pup: Divorcing women fight over who gets to keep custody of their dog Joey in landmark battle
- Amy Robach back on GMA before 4-month chemo course begins
- Jacqueline Mars: Heiress avoids jail after admitting to reckless driving in fatal crash
- Arizona fan kicks another in the face in fight during Duel in the Desert game
- 'Masturbation is good for health' and prevents cystitis, diabetes and cancer
- Two truck drivers help deliver 10lb 4oz baby boy at Arkansas Denny's
- Underage drinking teens buying COOKING WINE without ID